Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Kavanaugh Supreme Court Nomination

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Cory Booker just introduced "forbidden" documents into the records. It will be interesting to see the fallout.

Sorry, saw this today and couldn't resist.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Perfect!

If you're going to jump the shark, there should actually be a shark in the water. Not a guppy your office had cleared earlier.

I like what Jonah Goldberg said about the Kavanaugh Democratic Primary: "Our politics are getting dumber because we're defining ourselves by the caricatures of our enemies".

Middle school civics taught that the the Supreme Court has 9 members which means there are 8 other jurists on the court. From the hoopla, you would think that Judge Kavanaugh would be the only judge, making decisions that would change the course of history and in essence is discounting the opinions of the others. I am interested to know if those who adamantly oppose Kavanaugh can name the other 8 judges.

Quote Originally Posted by goldensmom View Post
    Middle school civics taught that the the Supreme Court has 9 members which means there are 8 other jurists on the court. From the hoopla, you would think that Judge Kavanaugh would be the only judge, making decisions that would change the course of history and in essence is discounting the opinions of the others. I am interested to know if those who adamantly oppose Kavanaugh can name the other 8 judges.
    Roberts, Thomas, Kagan, Ginsburg, Breyer, Alito, Sotomayor, and that guy that got the seat that was stolen from Garland.

Considering that the other 8 jurists are pretty evenly split left and right this one guy IS likely to have an outsize influence. There were many times that Anthony Kennedy was the deciding vote and the only unknown one. To name but one example, marriage equality would probably not be the law of the land if Kavanaugh had been on the court instead of Kennedy.

Yes, JP, That's the reason for the frustration in not being able to stop this one.

Breyer! That's the one I couldn't remember. And it took me a beat to remember Gorsuch, that serpent's egg.

I see the Senate Democrats have new and secret allegations that justify postponing a vote. They want to put the nominee on double secret probation until it can be investigated.

They had to go all the way back to his high school years to find someone who of coarse wants to remain anonymous.

he must have tried for second base, the scoundrel.

Maybe if the R’a hadnt tried to jam through his nomination before the national archives could release, and everyone review, tge repevant records, thw R’s wouldnt look like a bunch of corrupt cheaters trying to force through the confirmation of someone potentially unsuited for the court. Considering how many decades we will be stuck with him on the court one would think even republicans would want to fully vet him. Or did they through out absolutely all of their integrity when they got behind trump.

Thread Information