Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast

Thread: Kavanaugh Supreme Court Nomination

Rob, if you only experience people that agree with you politically you are living in a pretty small world. Both my ex and I married republicans and we both are strong democrats. About the only thing we agreed on when married. Plus people cross party lines in elections all the time. My bf’s mom voted for trump and I was shocked as was my friend. She is a wonderful person and I think a woman at that age couldn’t fathom voting for Hillary. We had a party on Saturday and when someone brought up politics I nipped it in the bud. I had one party ruined when the same thing happened. I think we can all learn something from open dialogue but emotions run high about trump so need to have the proper time and place.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I would agree that doing such is not going to change anything and I'd further agree that this is somewhat childish on my part.
    Somewhat? You're not giving yourself enough credit Rob, this is full on elementary school level childish.

You've told us what you think of them based upon gossip from one of your cohorts at the grocery store. Have you actually talked to them? Do you have a sense of their core values or their dreams and aspirations? If not, you should get to know them enough to find out, it could be a valuable growth experience for you.

And those others in your neighborhood who think they should be tarred and feathered and deported back to the Philippines? You shouldn't associate with them, they're bad people.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

We finally have a fake supreme to match our fake president. Who would ever thought this could happen???

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    We finally have a fake supreme to match our fake president. Who would ever thought this could happen???
    Oh, they’re real enough. I suspect denying it only makes it more fun for them.

Meanwhile in the perceived death threats department,

In Rosemount, a suburb of Minneapolis, an unidentified woman posted a tweet on October 6: So whose gonna take one for the team and kill Kavanaugh?

The FBI and local sheriff's department have both stated that they are aware of the incident. From what I could find in the news, she has not been taken into custody, nor have police executed a search warrant to find firearms or see what else may be on her computer.

The website of her employer, Intermediate School District #917, contains a terse statement dated October 8: After the School District received a complaint, an employee has been placed on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation.

I wonder what team she thinks she plays for.

Williamsmith
    Thankfully, Trump took the opportunity to apologize publicly to Kavanaugh on behalf of the entire Nation. Kumbaya, peace and love...

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Thankfully, Trump took the opportunity to apologize publicly to Kavanaugh on behalf of the entire Nation. Kumbaya, peace and love...
    Where is our apology as citizens of this sinking ship as to the cracks that all of us can fall through in this society widening a great deal now as a result of the Supreme Court tilting Conservative? Methinks millions upon millions of potential citizens/victims are worth an apology much more than Brett Kavanaugh..........Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Somewhat? You're not giving yourself enough credit Rob, this is full on elementary school level childish.

You've told us what you think of them based upon gossip from one of your cohorts at the grocery store. Have you actually talked to them? Do you have a sense of their core values or their dreams and aspirations? If not, you should get to know them enough to find out, it could be a valuable growth experience for you.

And those others in your neighborhood who think they should be tarred and feathered and deported back to the Philippines? You shouldn't associate with them, they're bad people.
    People in the neighborhood have tried speaking to them from time to time, Alan.....they have always rudely brushed people off. They get to believe as they wish in my book and I'm not down with any harassment directed their way whatsoever......I just don't want to be rudely brushed off.

One positive thing I will say for them though - they take exquisite, and I mean exquisite, care of their yard. I have pointed this out to other people more than once only to have other people brush this off - probably due to their rudeness to those who have tried to reach out to them before. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    Meanwhile in the perceived death threats department,

In Rosemount, a suburb of Minneapolis, an unidentified woman posted a tweet on October 6: So whose gonna take one for the team and kill Kavanaugh?

The FBI and local sheriff's department have both stated that they are aware of the incident. From what I could find in the news, she has not been taken into custody, nor have police executed a search warrant to find firearms or see what else may be on her computer.

The website of her employer, Intermediate School District #917, contains a terse statement dated October 8: After the School District received a complaint, an employee has been placed on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation.
    As much as I dislike Brett Kavanaugh for his off-the-chart levels of upper class white male priviledge/upper class white male entitlement - this is just wrong. I may fear the Supreme Court going forward and I have no real hope for justice of any kind going forward without major changes to society from the ground up - but this is still just wrong. It is not acceptable to me - and I rather suspect to all of us here regardless of our political persuasions - to threaten the life, even indirectly, of a Supreme Court Justice slash polarizing public figure. (

(interesting side comment: All those people who find Hillary Clinton polarizing? Got news for you - for a different demographic, Brett Kavanaugh is just as polarizing if not more).

Back to the regularly scheduled post - This is just not right and I support prosecution of this unidentified woman (which her identity being revealed STAT) to the fullest extent of the law. There is nothing sexist going on here on my part - I'd feel the same way were the individual involved male. This is just not right. On so many levels but the one level that strikes me the most is - this has tinges of the beginning of the Nazi Era in Germany. Not down with that one bit. Rob

Thread Information