Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Kavanaugh Supreme Court Nomination

Williamsmith
    “Crushed Beer Can Kavanaugh” will be a lightning rod for years to come. “I Like Beer!”

9766413_orig.jpg

Boy, WS! You might be onto something. I could picture the craft beer brewers coming up with Kavanaugh Ale. I could picture it as a light drinkable variety of the type they are calling a “session beer”.

Perhaps brewing could be his ‘recovery after my life was destroyed’ career for him. Although ‘maximum ralphage’ is probably not a good marketong line. ‘Perfect for devil’s triangle’ on the other hand, could be a winning tagline. The double entendre of what it really means versus the made up out of whole cloth drinking game name he fictionalized during his testimony could make that name marketing pure gold.

Williamsmith
    I’m not jealous of what Kavanaugh went through and will continue to go through for years to come, nor Ford either but his performance clearly showed he missed his calling. He could have been a first rate actor. Now here’s a guy who can take a sexual assault allegation and turn it around and make it about “an alcoholic drink made of yeast-fermented malt flavored with hops.” Well played, Brett!” High fives.

Hey, a little disclaimer. I like distilled beverages. When I was younger I drank it to excess sometimes with my friends. And there have been occasions I had to call them the next day and ask them how I got home or where my favorite ball cap ended up. We had to on occasion hold back a particularly intoxicated friend from making a fool of himself with a bad case of “beer muscles.” But apparently Kavanaugh wants me to believe that’s never happened to him. Y’Ok.

I dont know much about what Kavanaugh thinks of the Constitution because he dodged all those questions with relative ease referring to prior cases not committing to anything. That was boring television. The event we witnessed in the senate confirmation hearing room would have been better held at Gillys, the famous honey tonk in Pasedena , Texas complete with a mechanical bull and multiple bars. All the senators and witnesses could have declared their penchant for drinking quaff, snapped open a Bud and line danced to Tammy Wynette's “Stand By Your Man.” And then at the end of the hearing, a sober janitor could sweep up all the debris from the days activities quietly shaking his head in amazement.

The vote will have some of us cheering and some of us shaking our heads in amazement. But it will leave all of the nation with a hangover.

Well said WS.

"Preferred beverage of sniveling frat boys everywhere."

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    "Preferred beverage of sniveling frat boys everywhere."
    And Associate Justices of the U.S. Supreme Court?

Williamsmith
    I have to ask. I know a few judges who at the drop of a hat will recuse themselves from a case if there will even be an appearance of bias or conflict of interest. Given Judge Kavanaughs public overwhelming frustration at being falsely accused...not by his accuser (he holds no ill will toward her) but against Democrats- whom he feels engaged in a scorched earth attack on him for ideological reasons. When he is hearing a high profile case in the future.....how does he forget that and assuming he can....how does the appearance of bias not attach to him like a sticker from the bushes? Do you think all this turmoil will settle down? The Supreme Court members dont appear in public often.

James R. Patrick, 53, of Winter Haven FL, has been taken into custody after making Facebook posts threatening to shoot members of Congress and their families.

Specifically, on Sept 27 it is alleged he posted "weak Republicans who do not vote for him (Kavanaugh) need to pay with their lives."

In another Facebook post Patrick allegedly stated "I can't do this by myself! Need more Conservatives going into liberals' homes at night killing them in their sleep."

Deputies with the Polk County Sheriff's Office conducted a search of Patrick's home, where they found a rifle and handgun, as well as ammunition for both.

Sheriff Grady Judd commented after the arrest of Patrick, People need to calm down, and stop making threats of violence... Anyone who threatens to kill a public officer or law enforcement officer will go to jail.

Good, glad this nutjob is locked up.

Thread Information