Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Kavanaugh Supreme Court Nomination

I wonder why Feinstein waited till the last minute to bring this forward. She had the information last July. Even she wasn’t buying it.

Yppej
    Ford took a lie detector test administered by a former FBI agent. So should Kavanaugh. Though if he was too drunk to remember what he did he could pass so that in itself is not proof of anything, but it would be a start to determining what may or may not have happened.

Feunstein kept quiet because the woman asked that she do so. And i can certainly understand her hesitance to come forward. She has nothing to gain personally and will now be smeared and ridiculed endlessly on tv and internet by trump supporters and in today’s hyper-politicized environment will likely also have death threats hurled at herself and her family.

It will be interesting to see what comes out. No one else at the supposed party has come forward, at least not yet. From the post story she seems to not know when or where the party was , or how she got home. She was maybe 15 at the time and everyone was drinking.

Also so there have been no other claims that Kavanaugh has done this. Only that he has always been a gentleman.

Im not saying it couldn’t have happened. But unless someone there also comes forward isn’t it his word against her’s.

There are are a lot of crazy people out there. We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Feunstein kept quiet because the woman asked that she do so. And i can certainly understand her hesitance to come forward. She has nothing to gain personally and will now be smeared and ridiculed endlessly on tv and internet by trump supporters and in today’s hyper-politicized environment will likely also have death threats hurled at herself and her family.
    She would be a hero to those in the resistance. People kill to be famous, who knows. And she could just be confused. Have the wrong guy, who knows after all these years.

Looks like there will be a hearing next Monday. I’ll have to watch CNN to see if they have any info.

Quote Originally Posted by oldhat View Post
    When I first heard about this, I thought it smacked of desperation, but I've changed my mind. If she's willing to put her reputation on the line in a public forum, she should be heard. The presumption of innocence does not apply here. Kavanaugh isn't on trial for holding up a liquor store; he's being vetted for one of the most powerful appointed positions in government.

Now that I've heard more details about the accusations, I'm inclined to believe them, simply, I'm afraid, because it's the kind of thing any drunk teenage boy might do under the right circumstances. If, after hearing what this woman has to say, senators want to vote to confirm him--as they likely will--they'll won't be able to plead ignorance. Of course, there are dozens of reasons to reject this guy that have nothing to do with him groping girls, just like Clarence Thomas, who was probably every bit as gross as Anita Hill said he was, should have been rejected on grounds of intellectual mediocrity alone.

In a crude political sense, I see this as a win-win for the Dems. After this woman testifies, if she's at all plausible, it could swing a few votes (Collins, McCaskill) and get him defeated.He might even withdraw. Neither is likely, but at best the Repubs will look like they're turning a blind eye to a possible groper.]
    oh poor Claire Bear, so sad, too bad. She has such a dilemma! Being a Senator is HARD!

not.

She will vote in lock step with her party. The rest of her blathering is just campaign noise.

I wonder if Trump has a woman on his list if this one becomes a problem. I’m sure the Democrats won’t like her either. Poor Mcaskill just won’t know what to do.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Ford took a lie detector test administered by a former FBI agent. So should Kavanaugh. Though if he was too drunk to remember what he did he could pass so that in itself is not proof of anything, but it would be a start to determining what may or may not have happened.
    There is a good reason why the results of a polygraph test are not admissible in court....don’t get me started on that magic box. The only thing it’s good for is to illicit confessions.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    She would be a hero to those in the resistance. People kill to be famous, who knows. And she could just be confused. Have the wrong guy, who knows after all these years.
    Yes, I'm sure lots of women dream of being Anita Hill v. 2.0.

Thread Information