Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Kavanaugh Supreme Court Nomination

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Patriarchy? What do you mean?
    I cannot believe that you need clarification on this, UL. There is a large world outside the US in which women are sexually abused, denied access to legal services, revenue earning and support, denial of personal rights and judged by a largely male hierarchy that makes the rules that perpetuate the patriarchy. How much of this is still true in the US today?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I guess there is a silver lining here, though, TT. If the GOP shoves this through, there will be consequences - 2018 election anyone? And how much women's anger will the GOP have to contend with? I think you are very much right - this is not going to go away. It's just getting started.........Rob
    Oh, I think the pussy hats do their work against the Democratic Party, so I always like to see stuff like that unfurl.

gimmee, how is this all being viewed in the men’s rights groups you know of?

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    I cannot believe that you need clarification on this, UL. There is a large world outside the US in which women are sexually abused, denied access to legal services, revenue earning and support, denial of personal rights and judged by a largely male hierarchy that makes the rules that perpetuate the patriarchy. How much of this is still true in the US today?
    Oh, it's true in the US, to be sure.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Oh, I think the pussy hats do their work against the Democratic Party, so I always like to see stuff like that unfurl.

gimmee, how is this all being viewed in the men’s rights groups you know of?
    IL, the men I know of in these groups are overwhelmingly siding with Kavanaugh.....perhaps you've read I've chosen to side with Dr. Ford? Social acceptance means very little to me, something of which I am very grateful for, and I've always been one to vote my reality regardless of what other people think. This time I'm siding with the woman.....surprised? Rob

Rob, Flake grew a set and is recommending no vote until a week investigation by the FBI.

Oh, it's true in the US, to be sure.
    i have my doubt to what extent it's really true. "denied access to legal services, revenue earning and support, denial of personal rights" I don't know. Certainly in some parts of the country it is hard to get an abortion, yes it's supposed to be national policy but has become state policy.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Rob, Flake grew a set and is recommending no vote until a week investigation by the FBI.
    To be clear, the Judiciary Committee voted to advance the nomination. Jeff Flake suggested the Senate floor vote by delayed for no longer than one week to allow the FBI to conduct a time and scope limited investigation. I think this was a move simply to pacify the Democrats as I would expect nothing new be gleaned from their investigation.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

The American Bar Association and the Yale law school have called for a delay and further investigation of Kavanaugh.
    Lindsey Graham apparently wants Sessions' job. He doesn't care what Trump calls him--as long as he calls.
    The funny thing is, Trump's not in charge--he's just a cardboard cutout. It's big money and the Russians pulling the strings.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    He didn't grow a set: he's retiring.

I don't always agree with DH, but I do agree with term limits. Flake has no vested interest in toeing the Republican Party line.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I know he is retiring and that is why I expected him to act and not vote right now.

Thread Information