Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Kavanaugh Supreme Court Nomination

I am beginning to understand why it took time for the report of Dr Ford's information to be brought forward. She had to get her head around the consequences of coming forward, how to verify her account and then decide to present it. What a commentary on the challenges women face now around the world and have faced for centuries.

I guess that’s the only good thing that will come from this fiasco WS.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Theres no way for the Republicans to move on without adding momentum to the #metoo movement. They’ve already come off as flipping the middle finger to women. If they confirm Kavanaugh there will probably be Vietnam type protests in D.C. The midterms will definitely be sketchy for them. It’s hard to believe that there are four members of the Mormon Church on the committee and still after that testimony they voted for recommending Kavanaugh for a full senate vote. There’s no reason to be talking about criminal court standards. It is a job placement decision of great importance to the country. Kavanaughs response shows the kind of Supreme Court Judge he would be....partisan, holding grudges, obstinent and boldly emotional. The republicans don’t have it in them to repair their relationship with a good portion of the country. They’ve pretty much shown their cards. The Democrats will make hay while the sun shines and the sun will shine good and hard in the next week.
    I hope I hope I hope there are a sea of pussy hats at the protests. That is a great visual image to stoke the opposition here in flyover country.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I hope I hope I hope there are a sea of pussy hats at the protests. That is a great visual image to stoke the opposition here in flyover country.
    I do too! It would serve as a visual reminder that politics is not a spectator sport; that women, particularly. need to get out, get in the streets, and register their disgust with a badly skewed system. I would hope that the days of women quietly submitting to whatever is foisted on them are over.

An acquaintance of mine--at 65--came back from her first demonstration (2017 Women's March) full of enthusiasm that I hope grew into activism. The Suffragettes didn't get the vote by sitting back and waiting for someone else to take up their cause.

I had no idea what a 'pussy hat' was so went online to see. It turns out that while it worked very well for 2017, it is not considered appropriate for 2018 as it is perceived as discriminatory to women of colour and others. Women need to express themselves by whatever seems a right colour and approach. It is the getting out and demonstrating that is important as well as voting whenever the opportunity is available.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Thank you Rob. I knew early on my reaction to certain situations was very abnormal. I got help before the solution was to give you drugs and I learned a coping skills. It is very rare I feel like this but his red face angry speech was very frightening to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Just wanted to say - as someone who has had panic attacks in the past - I am sorry and I hope you are doing OK. Panic attacks are serious - I remember being certain I was dying during them and also a feeling that I was completely losing base with reality, just spinning around out there somewhere. They were unlike anything I've ever experienced. I wish you calmness and peace. Rob

Yppej
    Trump does not drink and has discouraged his children from doing so. The groper in chief, who was not bothered by sexual assault, may abandon Kavanaugh because Trump is still suffering from the loss of his alcoholic brother Freddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    The groper in chief, who was not bothered by sexual assault, may abandon Kavanaugh …..
    Oh, has Joe Biden weighed in on the subject?

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Oh, has Joe Biden weighed in on the subject?

Apparently not.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/jo...pe-photograph/

Facts are such a awesome thing!

Thread Information