Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Kavanaugh Supreme Court Nomination

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I would like to think that there are people out there who would not be deterred by threats or smears. I would think that if the guy was truly the hot-head his detractors are trying to sell there would be many past examples of his intemperate behavior on the bench they could bring up.
    Judges don’t get challenged while sitting on the bench. They have other subtle ways of dealing with malcontents and for dressing down....the chambers is rather private. If you want to practice law, you don’t make a point of talking out of school about Judges. Especially those in the second highest court of the land.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Judges don’t get challenged while sitting on the bench. They have other subtle ways of dealing with malcontents and for dressing down....the chambers is rather private. If you want to practice law, you don’t make a point of talking out of school about Judges. Especially those in the second highest court of the land.
    I doubt any code of silence exists that could stop the present mob in full cry.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I doubt any code of silence exists that could stop the present mob in full cry.
    I know, that is esactly why this seems all over dramatic to me.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I know, that is esactly why this seems all over dramatic to me.
    “Credible” has supplanted “provable”, so all manner of nonsense prevails and truth makes way for truthiness.

Provable is for a court of law, credible is for a job interview. This is a job interview.
    Trees don't grow on money

Saturday Night Live satires Kavaugh. Matt Damon played him. But the most interesting and funny part is the Lindsey Graham bit. The actress that plays Lindsey goes all in and outs him for being a homosexual.

Here is the link: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/30/a...ion=Television

As I've said before, to me this is less about what K may or may not have done in the past and more about an obvious pattern of mendacity. I shudder to say it, but he might have taken a cue from Dubya in how to manage this. Dubya and his handlers spun his early drunkenness and drug use into a redemption story of the kind evangelicals--a big part of his base--love. K, by contrast, continually backs himself into a corner by insisting his behavior was just short of exemplary when multiple witnesses--including himself--clearly show otherwise. If he'd portrayed himself as a boorish, borderline alcoholic in HS and college, but lo! who has since transformed himself into an exemplary family man, they'd be fitting him for his robes as we speak.

A blatant liar and partisan (just watch the hearings), likely practicing drunk and unashamed misogynist (again, watch the hearings), so aside from gamy history...He is clearly not Supreme Court qualified.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Too bad I'm not in DC....I just read online that thousands of protesters are organizing in DC against Brett Kavanaugh. This is one cause I am most certainly down with. Too bad I have bills and have to work......I believe I'd be of much more use to society protesting the Kavanaugh confirmation. Rob

Retired Justice Stevens said K should be disqualified because of how he acted during the hearings.

Thread Information