Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Kavanaugh Supreme Court Nomination

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I'd like to say that your zip code could use a lesson in perspective, but I honestly don't think it's unique to the 85006.
    There is an 85006 zip code in AZ. I used to live there.

There is an 85006 zip code in Rob's mind. He lives there with imaginary comrades.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    There is an 85006 zip code in AZ. I used to live there.

There is an 85006 zip code in Rob's mind. He lives there with imaginary comrades.
    Come visit some time and see how imaginary struggling everyday people really are in Trump's America. You may PM me if you are ever in this neck of the woods and with a little notice, I can juggle things around and meet up with you and show you around the 85006 - take you on a tour. Starting with the Coronado neighborhood so you can feel like I'm full of it and then moving down to Pura 85006 so you can see the real story. Just let me know. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Come visit some time and see how imaginary struggling everyday people really are in Trump's America. You may PM me if you are ever in this neck of the woods and with a little notice, I can juggle things around and meet up with you and show you around the 85006 - take you on a tour. Starting with the Coronado neighborhood so you can feel like I'm full of it and then moving down to Pura 85006 so you can see the real story. Just let me know. Rob
    Dude. I lived there for 2 years. I worked for a union of immigrant Mexican construction workers during Sheriff Joe's reign of terror and dumb-assery. Both of my bosses were 1st gen immigrants. All my coworkers were 1st gen immigrants. I spent all day with them almost every day. I went out into the community do to activist work with them.

I have, what you might call, more street cred than you.

You, Rob, are living in a fantasy land in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Dude. I lived there for 2 years. I worked for a union of immigrant Mexican construction workers during Sheriff Joe's reign of terror and dumb-assery. Both of my bosses were 1st gen immigrants. All my coworkers were 1st gen immigrants. I spent all day with them almost every day. I went out into the community do to activist work with them.

I have, what you might call, more street cred than you.

You, Rob, are living in a fantasy land in your mind.
    And I live in the midst of such folks every day....and not in the rapidly gentrifying part of the zip code either. I live in Green Gables north of the Food City on 21st Place and McDowell. I don't know how much street cred I have as a gay man - that said, what I have experienced is true as this is the life in the hood (though I will admit my use of the word hood here is a bit of an affectation). Things are changing a bit right now as they did in 2004 to 2006 with the rapid rise in real estate prices and there are some people cashing out and taking off for cheaper places, I'll give you that, but for those who remain and choose not to dip into their equity (which is most people here) things have not really changed all that much and the newcomers over to Coronado can be quite annoying - thankfully they seem to favor the Safeway down the street at 7th and McDowell and not the Food City I go to. Rob

I’ve been to both and I still hate grocery shopping. 😄

It’s fun to hear you two talk about phx. I lived 2 blocks from the Safeway a few years ago and I drive past the food city all the time.

I think you are both right. There’s micro neighborhoods all over phx.

Williamsmith
    There are some avenues of investigation that undoubtedly will be addressed by the FBI in the coming week. None more interesting than the connections that have been established by both Dr Ford and Judge Cavanagh. Those connections are people that have been named by Dr. Ford and corroborated by Judge Kavanaughs detailed calendar entries of the summer in question. Particularly the July 1st entry which establishes a weekday gathering of Judge, PJ Smythe and Kavanaughs testimony that another person, Chris Garrett was also present. Dr. Ford had testified that Garrett introduced her to Kavanaugh. The calendar also identifies the location, the home of Tim Gaudette. These are details that could potentially open up other avenues of inquiry that could either provide corroborative or exculpatory evidence for Kavanaugh or Ford.

Whatever the outcome, I think Flake deserves credit for confronting his own convictions on a national stage and doing the honorable thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    ...."Whatever the outcome, I think Flake deserves credit for confronting his own convictions on a national stage and doing the honorable thing."
    I agree. I think he's a fair man.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    I agree. I think he's a fair man.
    I'm no Republican but I do agree with this and I do respect Flake. Rob

Don't need to state my zip code at this late date but where I live, if you are not bashing Trump, it is assumed that you like him and (cringe, shudder) support him.
    Pretty silent in a political conversation in real life where Trump bashing was in full swing, I was asked "you aren't a Trump supporter are you?", "no, I'm on the left ....".

I mean as far as I'm concerned his policies while maybe not 100% bad (I do sometimes look for ways the media might be unfair on the few, very very few, good things he might be doing) are at at least 85% so. I think this is assumed you might secretly be a Trump supporter, if you don't get into the latest political outrage or identity politics so much, if you are just quiet and listen, but ...

Politics is what it is, at least in the U.S., and centers on the outrage of the day, which can be used to block Kavanaugh in this case and that's fine with me. But long standing problems that aren't the issue of the day are ignored precisely because they aren't new, no matter how important the issue.
    Trees don't grow on money

I would say Phoenix better prep as major rains are coming our way based on what I'm about to post but it turns out that the remnants of Hurricane Rosa are about to pay us a visit, dropping an estimated 2 inches of rain in the Phoenix metro (which qualifies as a huge rain event here) and upwards of 4 inches in the foothills outside of town and in the higher altitude areas nearby. So - rain is coming anyway regardless of what I am about to post, which is: I give Trump some credit for ordering an FBI investigation of Kavanaugh. I did not think he would knuckle under and do such. On this one point I stand corrected and I'm willing to admit this much. (Is Phoenix now going to get double the estimated amount of rain after I post something so unlikely to come from me?) Rob

Thread Information