Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast

Thread: Kavanaugh Supreme Court Nomination

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Back to the regularly scheduled post - This is just not right and I support prosecution of this unidentified woman (which her identity being revealed STAT) to the fullest extent of the law. There is nothing sexist going on here on my part - I'd feel the same way were the individual involved male. This is just not right. On so many levels but the one level that strikes me the most is - this has tinges of the beginning of the Nazi Era in Germany. Not down with that one bit. Rob
    Wait, now you want police to do a job? And you want her in front of the same occupation as her target?

Wait, and now Sotemeyer, the Wise Latina, gets to pinch her colleague on the Supreme Court? I mean physically take his flesh between her finger, because, ?

what. the. actual. Fk.

Do I have this right? What is going on with these people?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I wonder what team she thinks she plays for.
    I imagine team trump assumes she's team "paid mob" because most republicans can't seem to imagine that someone might be willing to do something if they aren't getting paid for it. Not surprising considering the total lack of empathy most republicans display.

I so don’t get the lack of empathy that many people are fine with. So glad that my parents and grandparents were great examples of helping others. It is their legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I imagine team trump assumes she's team "paid mob" because most republicans can't seem to imagine that someone might be willing to do something if they aren't getting paid for it. Not surprising considering the total lack of empathy most republicans display.
    I can imagine a person so deranged that she would solicit murder on a purely volunteer basis. I can even feel bad she suffers from such a high degree of derangement.

This case seems to lack the clockwork spontaneity of a semipro activist, if not the enthusiasm.
    Last edited by LDAHL; 10-10-18 at 7:08am.

Williamsmith
    The thought that anyone is being paid to do activist work is a fear tactic both sides are using to remove credulity from the political viewpoints of others. Are wealthy persons funding activity that benefits their ideologies...sure. It’s called corporate lobbying and it is celebrated and worshiped by the elite. The same people who push the “paid mob” narrative. Plus it sells advertising and makes for good radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    The thought that anyone is being paid to do activist work is a fear tactic both sides are using to remove credulity from the political viewpoints of others. Are wealthy persons funding activity that benefits their ideologies...sure. It’s called corporate lobbying and it is celebrated and worshiped by the elite. The same people who push the “paid mob” narrative. Plus it sells advertising and makes for good radio.
    Amen.

The "paid mob" is present at all those Hitleresque Trump rallies.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/business...n-2016/399002/

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I personally have no problem with lobbyists getting paid. Nor do I have a problem that some protesters, like that lady who confronted Senator Flake, draws a paycheck from a group funded in part by George Soros. I don’t even have a problem with renting crowds to give yourself an aura of popularity. I basically have no problem with the First Amendment in general, even when the rights it guarantees are exercised in meretricious ways.

Politics has always included a lot of professional image-making, and a wise voter will weigh facts and evaluate arguments rather than allow themselves to be swayed by real or manufactured emotional appeals.

Williamsmith
    I don’t know who is a bigger boogeyman....George Soros or Sasquatch. Even if one of the lady’s that appealed to Flake in that now famous elevator cornering....was on the Soros paywagon.....does that really preclude a genuine expression of outrage? Did you really suggest she was a prostitute? Human instinct (real emotional appeal) is just as important to the survival of the species as clinical evaluation.

Leaving fear and the construct of a boogeyman out of the discussion strips politics down to its underwear.

Thread Information