Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Kavanaugh Supreme Court Nomination

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Oh, I completely understand your desire for retribution, but my question was what in your mind makes some of the other justices incompetent?

And now I have another question for you. Since you approve of the Democrats efforts to derail this nomination out of spite, will you also approve of a by any means campaign to stop the next one as well if Kavanaugh decides the appointment is no longer worth pursuing?
    Personally I don't want retribution. I just want transparency. The republicans have been pushing so hard to get this confirmation done with a minimal amount of information from his time in the Bush white house becoming available that I can only assume that they know something pretty awful. If not then it's a pretty pathetic partisan display of disregard for the senate's role in this process that the dem's have had to resort to a lawsuit to try and gain access to all that information. If there's nothing there there will be nothing there a month or whatever from now after it's all been released. If there IS something there we the people deserve to know before he gets approved for a lifetime appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Personally I don't want retribution. I just want transparency. The republicans have been pushing so hard to get this confirmation done with a minimal amount of information from his time in the Bush white house becoming available that I can only assume that they know something pretty awful. If not then it's a pretty pathetic partisan display of disregard for the senate's role in this process that the dem's have had to resort to a lawsuit to try and gain access to all that information. If there's nothing there there will be nothing there a month or whatever from now after it's all been released. If there IS something there we the people deserve to know before he gets approved for a lifetime appointment.
    Alex, I will take “Pretty pathetic partisan display of disregard” for $100, please.

I don't suspect nefarious doings of particular import in the White House.

Fine. Lets actually let it play out instead of republicans acting all guilty. Almost as guilty as the turd in chief acts with his pathetic tweets. If there’s nothing to be ashemaed of we confirm him. Otherwise, we’ve dodged a lifetime appointment bullet. What are you afraid of?

At first, I was upset with Dr. Ford for deciding not to come to the hearings........then I realized how important it was for the FBI to investigate first, which is why she wasn't coming. But doesn't the so-called-president have to order that? (which I've he he won't). We've become such a circus.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    At first, I was upset with Dr. Ford for deciding not to come to the hearings........then I realized how important it was for the FBI to investigate first, which is why she wasn't coming. But doesn't the so-called-president have to order that? (which I've he he won't). We've become such a circus.
    Im waiting for the book deal and the talk show circuit to start. And wait and see how her rise in her status in the liberal college world will effect her.

She will be damaged by this. Don’t kid yourself.

Williamsmith
    Her accusations are a matter for a local jurisdiction or venue. The FBI can’t just cruise into any jurisdiction and declare they are the agency of record. To my knowledge Ford never reported this to the appropriate authority. If she goes now, it is undoubtedly beyond the investigative time limits. So now it looks like she’s been dragged into this thing by people who don’t have her best interest in mind or she is a willing participant in a movement she connects with politically which should give a normal person pause to believe her story. As calculating as the other side is, there is no way they didn’t have this all mapped out from the beginning in order to stall any candidate. In fact, Trumps list is probably already in the hands of the Dems and a game plan is already in the playbook. That any of this is spontaneous is hardly believable.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    Im waiting for the book deal and the talk show circuit to start. And wait and see how her rise in her status in the liberal college world will effect her.
    She is already a professor.

I saw the news today that Senator Claire McCaskill of Missouri will vote against this nomination. She cannot accept a Supreme Court Justice who sees no problem with unlimited anonymous political contributions.
    Last edited by dado potato; 9-19-18 at 9:57pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    She is already a professor.
    With tenure?

Thread Information