Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Kavanaugh Supreme Court Nomination

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    The funny thing is, Trump's not in charge--he's just a cardboard cutout. It's big money and the Russians pulling the strings.
    No. It’s Meghan Markle, queen of the space lizard overlords.

How can people be so blind?

Actually, I think Flake buckled. They are moving ahead with making Kavanaugh a SCOTUS.

Is that the one who married into the Royals? Very stealthy.

Seriously, how can one doubt reptiles are in ascendance? I give you Dick Cheney and Mitch McConnell, for two.

Anyone else surprised that Trump called Ford something like "a fine woman, very credible"? My guess is praising her simply furthers his agenda, which must mean that Kavanaugh is on political death row and Trump already has replacements in the wings.

Or am I just being cynical?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

UL, I know the news is changing by the minute but they are not moving forward . The only one that can prevent the investigation is trump but he said a few hours ago he is going along with what the senate wants.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Waiting until the last minute to bring these allegations to light was a ploy to delay the process in hope that Democrats could regain the Senate and have more influence on Supreme Court confirmations. I think they call that politics.
    They took a page from Mitch McConnels playbook

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Anyone else surprised that Trump called Ford something like "a fine woman, very credible"? My guess is praising her simply furthers his agenda, which must mean that Kavanaugh is on political death row and Trump already has replacements in the wings.

Or am I just being cynical?
    Catherine, you of all people. You do realize .....”Happy wife, Happy .......”. Trump would like to keep his set, if you know what I mean.

Everybody on that senate panel knows, all the media knows, everyone who watched the testimony knows, and the people in his thread know.....Dr. Ford hit a home run. Kavanaugh was a sniveling whining elite who protested a little too loudly, a little too often and a little too arrogantly. And right now someone is contacting Mark Judge and telling him to make himself disappear for a week.

The FBI is a fine investigative agency but they are not magicians. The Democrats know this. A week isn’t enough to make a difference in a background but it is plenty of time to work on Republican female Senators. If Kavanaugh is to be appointed, they need to keep one of the two female fence sitters to stay on their side. Assuming Flake really didn’t grow a set and Manchin wants to sleep safely at his home in “Almost Heaven”.

My personal opinion is that Cavanaugh like Trump is a member of the elite prep school boy's club. Drinking to excess or conquering females is manly and in some case, honorable as it implies he "belongs" to the club. Some things remain unspoken in that club but are understood. I hadn't thought too much about it but this all triggered a memory of when I was 16 and went to a park with a young man from a prep school nearby. We were just "hanging out" and talking about things. After some time, he started to get affectionate but I had no interest in him that way. He then tried to choke me and pin me down as he got off to watching me full of fear. This went on for what seemed like a long time but he was strong and I could not get away. I recall that I thought he was going to kill me. I never told anyone because they wouldn't have believed he was capable of being violent. I did tell DH yesterday and he seemed shaken that something like that ever happened to me.

PT, that is horrible. Thankfully no prep schools where I grew up.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    They took a page from Mitch McConnels playbook
    Who was simply taking Joe Biden's advice.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information