Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Kavanaugh Supreme Court Nomination

Williamsmith
    If Dr. Ford’s credibility isn’t impuned at some time during this testimony, then Kavanaugh is history.....very poor history. Rachael Mitchell may be sympathizing or empathizing with Dr. Ford. She’s taking her time laying the groundwork but will she get to questioning designed to undermine Dr. Ford’s credibility?

A lot of people are searching their past for skeletons. I don’t know if Kavanaugh can rehabilitate himself on his own, and I don’t think any politicians are willing to fall on the sword for him. Trump is probably already selecting his next nominee. Very interesting history being made today.

Dr. Ford passed a lie detector test and that little weasel will not take one and he lies. Today will be the end of him.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Dr. Ford passed a lie detector test and that little weasel will not take one and he lies. Today will be the end of him.
    The polygraph results are now entered on the record. This will be powerful evidence that is commonly not permitted in court proceedings but is often taken into consideration by prosecutors and defense attorneys. My experience generally is that victims of sexual assault who are not totally credible are usually not willing to submit to a polygraph. Those who are ..... will insist on a polygraph. The republicans are looking foolish thus far.

Im not particularly impressed with the performance thus far of Rachael Mitchell. But she is used to cross examining hostile witnesses and direct examination of victims. She’s is out of her comfort zone.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    TT, Thank You for posting this....we've had some drama at the Convention Center and I have not been able to keep up with Kavanaugh like I'd like to.....honestly, I'm there to insure production and not keep up with Kavanaugh. But I'm glad I was able to break away for a few minutes and read your post......I feel better now about how Kavanaugh is being treated given that Ford passed a lie detector test. This solves some issues/answers some questions for me and I side with the accusers now based on this.

Interesting day today is going to be politically, no? My guess is that Kavanaugh is toast...…...I wonder how much he will make with his ghost-written book sure to soon be coming and sure to be a hit with aggrieved Conservatives? Rob

Rob, not watching the hearings but am hoping for the best.

Williamsmith
    I don’t know what the agreements are but if I were the Democrats, I’d ensure Dr. Ford is seated where Judge Kavanaugh can see her when he enters the hearing room. And where the media can get their cameras on her because she will have a look of disgust that will be worth as much as her testimony.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I don’t know what the agreements are but if I were the Democrats, I’d ensure Dr. Ford is seated where Judge Kavanaugh can see her when he enters the hearing room. And where the media can get their cameras on her because she will have a look of disgust that will be worth as much as her testimony.
    One of her requirements for testifying is that they not be in the same room at the same time.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Williamsmith
    Kavanaughs demeanor in previous hearings has been aloof, reserved and very attorney-like, referring to prior court decisions...etc. He is going to have to act like he is the victim and become offended by the accusations...to the point of showing some emotion or he will risk looking like he could have done what she accuses him of. I’m not sure a judge is very good at this. They have a lot of ground to make up and Mitchell better start scoring points of inconsistency or outright deception soon.

Bottom line is ....should he be denied appointment based on her accusations? The FBI background investigation denial by Grassley is not helping. Certainly, Mark Judge could be an interesting interview.

Oh yeah, Coca Cola must be elated for all the free advertising.

Williamsmith
    Well, the Republican Titanic is sinking fast. Kavanaughs fate is in his own hands. Grassely sounds like the Chairman of the hearings that occurred during the movie “The Godfather”. It’s uncanny.

This could have been averted if Trump hadn't been hell-bent on picking a judge who was on record believing a president is above the law. As usual, its all about him.

There were plenty of conservative jurists to choose from--probably even a few with solid character references.

Thread Information