Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Kavanaugh Supreme Court Nomination

It's funny to see how different people see things. The Republicans are allowing a non-political questioner to establish facts and the Democrats are politicking. Lindsey Graham essentially says "You guys want to politic? I'll politic with you" and you guys call it a crazy train.

I think civilized discourse is a lost art and can't believe people approve.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

K is evading and not answering questions over and over again. Totally ridiculous!

It seems fairly obvious that he’s afraid that any further investigation by the fbi will not be favorable to him. That’s the only logical explanation since it would otherwise seem perfectly normal for a judge to want all of the relevant facts that are available before making a decision. The fact that he adamantly refuses to request for an investigation to try and clear his name speaks volumes. But apparently getting on the court with a dark cloud over his head is perfectly fine with him.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Could we have the last election annulled? And Merrick Garland installed?
    This sh*t show has gone on entirely too long.

I'm getting emails from friends: "OMG He's crying and stating that he loves beer! It's a SNL skit that wrote itself!" I'm not watching.
    He'll probably get confirmed.
    I am waiting for the memes and SNL skits about keeping your calenadars and diaries from when you were a teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    It seems fairly obvious that he’s afraid that any further investigation by the fbi will not be favorable to him. That’s the only logical explanation since it would otherwise seem perfectly normal for a judge to want all of the relevant facts that are available before making a decision. The fact that he adamantly refuses to request for an investigation to try and clear his name speaks volumes. But apparently getting on the court with a dark cloud over his head is perfectly fine with him.
    No, not at all.
    And
    I found that question i credibly stupid.

It is exactly as he stated: he is in front of questioners, let them question him. Get on with it. Move the process forward for fks sake.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I am waiting for the memes and SNL skits about keeping your calenadars and diarys feom when you were a teenager.
    I wasn't expecting him to be able to document his daily activities during that time. Very impressive!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Move the process forward for fks sake.
    Is that what you were saying when garland was the nominee?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I wasn't expecting him to be able to document his daily activities during that time. Very impressive!
    You’re easily impressed. I personally didnt find it at all relevant that his calendar didnt have ‘rapey kegger party at judge’s house’ on it.

I am waiting for the memes and SNL skits about keeping your calenadars and diaries from when you were a teenager.
    In all fairness, high school is the high point of some people's lives--seems only fitting they'd keep mementos. v

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    You’re easily impressed. I personally didnt find it at all relevant that his calendar didnt have ‘rapey kegger party at judge’s house’ on it.
    So I guess it's irrelevant that he documented every event, every gathering and every contact during the period in question and there is no mention of being where he supposedly was. Call me naïve but I remain impressed.

Thread Information