Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Kavanaugh Supreme Court Nomination

This was excruciating to watch, for various reasons. But as Chuck Todd said throughout it, these are "irreconcilable differences". Nobody is going to budge.
    I wish they could force Kavanaugh to take a lie detector test. It's all very bizarre. What is reality? What is the truth? We might never know. I felt bad for both of them. But it did bother me when Kavanaugh got rude with the questioner.........i.e. "Do You like beer??!", etc. And how he sometimes would skirt around the question, and never really answer it. I am getting pretty ashamed of our country. It seems to be coming apart at the seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I hope you're right, it's gonna take a set of brass balls to vote yes in this environment.
    From your lips to the universe...

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    I thought the whole hearing was a sham.
    Dr. ford was treated like she was a mental patient on trial.
    Feinstein got her letter and somehow the press found out Ford was the mysterious accuser? And Feinstein recommended a lawyer who was working pro bono?
    kavanaugh behaved very badly by challenging the woman who asked if he drank to blackout by asker her back and not answering the question.
    kavanaugh was very disrespectful to Corey Booker, and wanted to rant on how how wonderful he was, top of his class, beyond reproach golden boy.
    lyndsay Graham was awful. Probably auditioning for a top spot in the reality show run by the occupant of the Oval Office.
    The explanation of the Renate Alumni was so obviously false. You were bragging you all had sex with her. Did you think we all have been living in a cave all these years.
    And Avenitti showing up making dramatic claims at the midnight hour?

what a circus. And all these clowns are making decisions that affect all of us and will for years. Taxes, health care, LBGT rights, women’s access to birth control and abortion, the non stop wars we send our money, young men and women into, and environmental decisions that could have disasterous effects on the millions living near the coasts, and pollution.

I am am disgusted with the lot of them.

In in the meantime while we are all distracted South Carolina and North Carolina are having disasterous flooding and it’s aftermath
    Tariffs are taking effect which will have some clear winners and some clear losers. My bets are on the middle class on down being losers
    North Korea, Russia, the Middle East as a whole are boiling cauldrons.
    People are being killed by guns every day, the only developed country in the world to experience this phenominon
    and the drug crisis is raging.

We have gone terribly wrong and somehow somehow need to figure out how to get on the right path. Or at least a better one.

For me one of the more convincing parts (of many convincing parts) of Dr. Blasey Ford's testimony was where she talked about wanting two front doors to her home. Only someone with a serious fear of being trapped would even think about doing that. I certainly haven't.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    I thought the whole hearing was a sham.
    Dr. ford was treated like she was a mental patient on trial.
    Feinstein got her letter and somehow the press found out Ford was the mysterious accuser? And Feinstein recommended a lawyer who was working pro bono?
    kavanaugh behaved very badly by challenging the woman who asked if he drank to blackout by asker her back and not answering the question.
    kavanaugh was very disrespectful to Corey Booker, and wanted to rant on how how wonderful he was, top of his class, beyond reproach golden boy.
    lyndsay Graham was awful. Probably auditioning for a top spot in the reality show run by the occupant of the Oval Office.
    The explanation of the Renate Alumni was so obviously false. You were bragging you all had sex with her. Did you think we all have been living in a cave all these years.
    And Avenitti showing up making dramatic claims at the midnight hour?

what a circus. And all these clowns are making decisions that affect all of us and will for years. Taxes, health care, LBGT rights, women’s access to birth control and abortion, the non stop wars we send our money, young men and women into, and environmental decisions that could have disasterous effects on the millions living near the coasts, and pollution.

I am am disgusted with the lot of them.

In in the meantime while we are all distracted South Carolina and North Carolina are having disasterous flooding and it’s aftermath
    Tariffs are taking effect which will have some clear winners and some clear losers. My bets are on the middle class on down being losers
    North Korea, Russia, the Middle East as a whole are boiling cauldrons.
    People are being killed by guns every day, the only developed country in the world to experience this phenominon
    and the drug crisis is raging.

We have gone terribly wrong and somehow somehow need to figure out how to get on the right path. Or at least a better one.
    One of your best comments yet. I could tell it was heartfelt and flowed easily from your thoughts. It is good that we can be ashamed of things so that we can have the courage to change them. There is peace after turmoil.

And Dr Ford's self expert witness testimony about how the brain works in a traumatic event stuck me as very true. I've, thankfully, never been a victim of sexual assault, but like most people I've experienced traumatic events. Probably the worst event I've lived through was a very serious car accident when I was 13 or 14. Serious enough that my childhood best friend's grandmother was in the hospital for a couple of months after. As Ford testified happens, I can still remember quite clearly the 20 seconds or so that we hurtled towards a house, up to the moment after we smashed into it when I turned the key to shut off the still running engine of the car and crawled out the window. I have no recollection of the trip up to that point, nor do I remember the ambulance ride to the hospital. I have vague memories of being picked up at the hospital and driven home by my parents, but several hours of that day are just gone.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    For me one of the more convincing parts (of many convincing parts) of Dr. Blasey Ford's testimony was where she talked about wanting two front doors to her home. Only someone with a serious fear of being trapped would even think about doing that. I certainly haven't.
    the online conspiracy theorists say it is so they could rent out the house for Airbnb and have a separate entrance.

Kavanaugh came off to me, myself an elite prep-school and Ivy League grad, as one of those entitled whiny square-headed privileged Masters Of The Universe, caught unprepared. Ford however seemed reasonably credible.

This is a lifetime appointment to the highest court in our land.

Let history be our guide.

Plutarch, The Life of Julius Caesar, 9, roughly:

"Caesar divorced Pompeia at once, but when summoned to testify at trial, said he knew nothing about the matters of which Clodius was charged. His statement seemed odd, and the prosecutor asked, "Why, then, did divorce your wife?" "Because," said Caesar, "I thought my wife ought not even to be under suspicion."

And, just a few years ago I was a Republican convention delegate...

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    the online conspiracy theorists say it is so they could rent out the house for Airbnb and have a separate entrance.
    Sad. Not surprising considering that their leader is a major conspiracy theorist, but still sad.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Kavanaugh came off to me, myself an elite prep-school and Ivy League grad, as one of those entitled whiny square-headed privileged Masters Of The Universe, caught unprepared. Ford however seemed reasonably credible.

This is a lifetime appointment to the highest court in our land.

Let history be our guide.

Plutarch, The Life of Julius Caesar, 9, roughly:

"Caesar divorced Pompeia at once, but when summoned to testify at trial, said he knew nothing about the matters of which Clodius was charged. His statement seemed odd, and the prosecutor asked, "Why, then, did divorce your wife?" "Because," said Caesar, "I thought my wife ought not even to be under suspicion."

And, just a few years ago I was a Republican convention delegate...
    Sadly, I don’t think this country has made much progress in the last fifty years. This is the best we can do?

Thread Information