Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another real estate agent question

Another real estate agent question

OK, I gotta know: Is "other parties are interested in this property" part of the Real Estate Game?

Kind of like every time I look at a product in a store, the salesperson recommends and it says he/she has one and loves it?

Using math as a sales point. X number of houses for sale that Y number of people are looking for/at. Interested in, is not the same as saying, other offers have been submitted, but a selling point using math, to try to get you to submit an offer, IMHO.

Here the market is hot and not enough houses for sale so might depend on how your local housing market is doing.

Yep, that's what I figured. I don't like being pressured...

I wouldn't say it's hot around here. There are a lot of places for sale, varying in quality.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Using math as a sales point. X number of houses for sale that Y number of people are looking for/at. Interested in, is not the same as saying, other offers have been submitted, but a selling point using math, to try to get you to submit an offer, IMHO.

If a buyer is really interested, they put down earnest money. Otherwise they're still windowshopping and I would reject that tactic as a way to goad me into action.

When I bought the house we're in now, I knew before I started touring houses that homes at its price in this neighborhood went really fast. After my walkthrough I looked at my agent and said, "This house isn't going to be here tomorrow, is it?" She shook her head no. I put an offer in that night. In a hot market, there isn't time to wait around and set up financing and such. But you should be aware if you're in a seller's market before the agent prompts you that way.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thanks, folks!

I would encourage you to follow your instincts where real estate is concerned.

Here in the Portland metro area there is no way that there are not several other parties interested within the first hour of it being put up. A friend sold her house within the first hour and then lived in a 5th wheel for the next year because they could not get a house. Everything was always sold before they could even get there to see it.

Good advice!

Thread Information