Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Marriage as Bedrock of Soceity?

I think it is a good thing that we are getting better at keeping people from infiltrating our country illegally.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I think it is a good thing that we are getting better at keeping people from infiltrating our country illegally.
    I thought it was because there were more jobs in Mexico now, but have it your way. I don't think of desperate, hard-working people as being "infiltrators."

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I don't think of desperate, hard-working people as being "infiltrators."
    It's all part of their secret plan to come into America and engage in difficult, painful, unwanted jobs for low pay and no benefits, while being exposed to danger and abuse at every turn.

Sneaky devils!

My mom’s grandpa came illegally from Germany in the 1800’s because he was starving in the German army, had no shoes even though it was winter, etc. People get desperate. For once I totally agree with Bae!

Breaking the law because you’re desperate is still breaking the law, and should attract the attention of law enforcement.

Even if you feel really really bad about it.

L: totally disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Breaking the law because you’re desperate is still breaking the law, and should attract the attention of law enforcement.

Even if you feel really really bad about it.
    People living under threats to life and limb, imminent starvation, oppression, etc. need to weigh the rewards against the risks, of course.

Funny how many Americans pick and choose which laws to obey--railing against unlawful immigration (a federal misdemeanor) while looking the other way when people commit tax fraud, flaut environmental and labor laws...It's almost like there's a tacit double standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    L: totally disagree.
    You totally disagree that the law should be enforced equally for everybody?

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    People living under threats to life and limb, imminent starvation, oppression, etc. need to weigh the rewards against the risks, of course.

Funny how many Americans pick and choose which laws to obey--railing against unlawful immigration (a federal misdemeanor) while looking the other way when people commit tax fraud, flaut environmental and labor laws...It's almost like there's a tacit double standard.
    Forgery and fraud aren’t misdemeanors. Living and working illegally in this country for extended periods would usually require some of both.

I don’t remember railing against illegal immigration. I’m against a lot of things I don’t rail about. Nor can I recall approving the other crimes you mention. For the record, I’m against breaking those laws too.

I totally disagree that law enforcement needs to be involved for someone here illegally. I would not turn someone in.

Thread Information