Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woodward book

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar

Woodward book

Will you read it? Buy it?

will it make any difference?

the excerpts are very unflattering to Trump. It seems that a man of Woodwards’ reputation would go through the trouble of verifying his stories and conclusions.

Definitely won’t be reading it. I hear enough about it from the news.

Everyone who knows him says that Woodward is meticulous in documenting everything. He has tapes of all his interviews, I understand. He has a reputation to uphold.

I'll be reading it; I'm in queue at KCLS. I don't think it's as important as Malcolm Nance's books--The Plot to Hack America and The Plot to Destroy Democracy. I am in awe of Nance, his background, and depth of knowledge. But it will probably attract a wider audience.

Woodward is meticulous. Will be interesting.

I heard a lot of discussion of the book by talking heads a few days ago. I gather it is full of unflattering quotes reported by third parties with the principals vehemently denying whatever is attributed to them. I got the impression it followed the mold of the Fire and Fury book and it's author who when questioned about the truthfulness of it's assertions replied "If it sounds true to you, it's true". I hope that's not becoming the new journalistic standard.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Woodward is known to be a very careful researcher, and maintains tapes--which should show who's saying what.

It doesn't seem to matter much what anyone says about Trump. He continues to carry on in his usual fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Woodward is known to be a very careful researcher, and maintains tapes--which should show who's saying what.
    I believe he's said that he never identifies sources and will not in this case either.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I believe he's said that he never identifies sources and will not in this case either.
    That's probably wise (and common in such works); he would get much less information with everyone being on the record. He could produce recorded proof of provenance if it ever became necessary.

I don’t doubt that what he says is true. I just can’t stand hearing all the horrible things that trump and his cronies do on a regular basis. I just want it to be over.

Thread Information