Thread: Cider co-op

Cider co-op

Some people posted about their fruit going to waste. We have lots of apples and pears and we are able to donate the yucky ones to our local food co-op. They are made into cider, and our local food bank gets a share of the profits. Sadly, we don't get any free cider out of it, which would be nice - but at least all that fruit isn't wasted.

Maybe this could happen where you live?

https://ashlandfood.coop/conversatio...uit-your-cider
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

Our friend takes our apples, his other friend’s honey, and makes mead. He distributes the batch 1/3 to each of us.

DH has made a lot of apple cide with anothher friend. This week she asked if we were interested in making pear cider. i am not, but perhpas DH will help her iwth that.

Pear cider sounds heavenly. I tried pear brandy once, but it didn't meet my expectations...

We give our fruit away.

Ah, Ashland!

Sometimes I daydream about relocating to the RR District to be close to that co-op!

And the butterflies. Got sedum? I believe there are 113 species of butterfly in the vicinity of Ashland. It was the butterflies which attracted Vladimir Nabokov to stay in Ashland for the summer of 1953 (while he was at work on the manuscript for his novel, Lolita).

Thread Information