Thread: Organizing the new work space!

Organizing the new work space!

Oh I am having fun, of course I am the one who loves trash day the most.

I have so much good stuff at my new after school program. And the school does not stress us out about storage. I have 2 cabinets behind my desk and 2 GIANT cabinets for supplies, plus 6 rolling wooden book shelf type things for games, building toys, art supplies, etc. It is so nice. At my last school the outdoor equipment was a large rolling trash can, the ball bucket. The kids were always trying to find what they wanted to play with.

Well there is also too much of many things so I made a list of what to use up and we are focused on that. There are binders, a LOT of binders and everything is in page protectors. I got to start cleaning those out this week. Once I got over feeling like I was wasting materials I really started cleaning out. Many of the coloring pages and worksheets no one wants were recycled. I have at least a half an inch thick pile of winter coloring sheets, even after getting rid of all the religious ones. There are some really cool pages but I had to cut down. I am limiting myself to a 2 inch binder for coloring sheet masters. Then there are half sheet coloring pages in special binders for kids to get themselves so I am okay with one more small binder of those.

I went through the projects they have collected the last couple of years, great stuff but we also want to choose our own. I am making a theme week entirely about unicorns. I found 6 unicorn plans so we don't have to do anything. The winter weather has a lot of projects, fall harvest and Thanksgiving, there are about 10 valentines plans, and I put everything else aside. My new supervisor says it is okay to be brutal, and it feels good to clean out and make my own systems.

It sounds like a whole new experience. Too bad you needed to pass through hell to get there!

Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    It sounds like a whole new experience. Too bad you needed to pass through hell to get there!
    Some day I may get a glimpse of why,

Thread Information