Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: September Frugals!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

September Frugals!

Another slow start this month and I certainly haven't been impressively frugal. I do have some small things though. I was dumping a bouquet of hydrangeas I had cut from my garden that were finally looking pretty sad. One of the stems had roots on it, so I planted it. Who knows, I might get a free hydrangea bush out of the deal and if not, the effort was minimal so certainly worth a shot.
    I found a dollar bill on our walk this morning.
    Our town had their annual Founders' Day celebration today. I bought 3 bouquets from the Garden Club booth for a grand total of $6.00, which was quite a bargain and helped raise funds for the Garden Club.
    I did a Pinecone survey yesterday and earned $3.00.

Yppej
    My son is mad at me, so I have been going places with non-dependents and splitting the cost vs paying for everything. I would prefer we get along but have been down this road with hin before - pull away to exert independence, then come back. These are low cost day trips and help me from feeling deprived from just working all the time, and will stop when the cold comes since I am a weather wimp.

Accepted a small settlement in a lawsuit that has dragged on for almost 10 years. It will all go to attorney expenses, but I will avoid future out of pocket costs going to trial and with repeated lost motions I feel the case is a goner. The lawyers were unhappy as they have rejected nunerous offers to settle always hoping for more in legal fees. They have other plaintiffs still with them who they can try to get their big bucks from.

Got a $15 movie gift card that should turn into another low cost excursion when there is something out that I want to see.

11 quarts of ratatouille in the freezer.

13 pints of salsa canned.

Very little of the contents were purchased....90% came from our garden more to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    11 quarts of ratatouille in the freezer.

13 pints of salsa canned.

Very little of the contents were purchased....90% came from our garden more to come!
    Nice job! Congrats!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I'm eating out of my pantry and enjoying it. I just took some Naan out of the freezer that I got at the day-old bread outlet a few weeks ago. It is awesome. I'll go back one day next week and get more if they have it again. I'm hanging out here more again to work my cash flow as low as possible. I'm tracking expense again starting this month. My entertainment is knitting the thrift shop yarn I bought a year ago or so. I'll get my bicycle out of storage later today when the temperature drops some and clean it up and use it to get more exercise, using something I already own. I have to get back on track with money.
    Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!
    formerly known as Paula P

Just started eating down the pantry and so far, so good. Trying to eat more beans as I have a ton of dried ones. Also started a new donation box in the corner that is already almost full!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Today is the first cool day we've had since early spring, and it's lovely. WET, but lovely. I skipped a family reunion today, saving both the food I was going to take AND the gas for a three hour round trip drive. I saw everyone in the exact same venue two days ago for a family funeral, so I don't feel too badly about it. Going to blow that savings and maybe a little bit more on an anniversary lunch today for DH and myself - 41 years tomorrow, but I will be at work all day, and don't like to go back out on a week night. One of my weekly luncheon meeting work groups is on hiatus, so that helps a little. I'm looking for an expense tracking program I will actually use - I really need to get back to tracking spending- this summer has thrown us into a money-pit, for sure. Need to get out of that ASAP!

Yppej
    Have not gotten my monthly pedicure. If it is hot beyond this week I may break down, but if it's post-sandal weather I will not.

Happy Anniversary, early morning!
    Yppej: I do my own toes and did them a few days ago, so I guess maybe that counts as a frugal.

I only do my toes professionally when I am going on a cruise.

Thread Information