Thread: sewing nun robes

sewing nun robes

My friend who also studies with the same theravaden Buddhist nun noticed that her clothes are in really poor shape. So we thought she didn't have enough income and were worried. Turns out that her sewing machine is broken and since they make their own simple robes so things are wearing out. I had my friend bring me a lot of her clothes as patterns, half finished projects and fabric. I am working on it right now, and feeling really good about it. Part of it is that her sewing skills are challenged, so I can make a lot of improvement really easily.

She has a tunic type top that needs a facing around the neck. What was on there was sewn unevenly and at some points sewn with gaps. I had a hard time matching the color but it is only a facing so it is okay to be close. I will be seeing her for a long day on Saturday and can get most of the items done by then, a few more items to keep working on.

How nice of you!

I think of it as basic teacher support since our monastics live entirely on donations. On Saturday i get to go to a baby blessing for a family in the Sri Lankan community that supports her a lot

Thread Information