Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm happiest when...

Like pinkytoe, I get into the flow when gardening and yes, moving the rocks! My new place requied some rock moving and rearranging to build small walls and it was fun. There is a big rebuild-wall project that may not be so fun, though.

I get into the flow also when making floral,arrangements and when things click. They dont always click. I am currently working on 7 exhibits for an upcoming flower show and I am not enthusiastic about any of them. I feel a whole lot of 3rd and 4th place ribbons coming on.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I'm happiest when.....I have at least six months of float. In the Spring when my roses start blooming. During the first summer monsoon storm. When the system does something right. At a particularly spirited protest. When I offshore medical and dental and optical to Mexico and realize to the penny how much money I've saved because I love and respect myself enough to cross a border to save money. When I run across people who are like minded and who "get it". When I handle a rough last minute situation at work well. There are more examples, these are the first to come to mind. Rob

PS Here's a big one - when I see people I know in the 85006 overcoming odds.....and when same said people stand up to America.

Everything around me is totally silent.

It’s rare.

When hiking in a natural area with another person, and maybe getting something to eat afterward. In early fall (this really is my favorite season, provided it's not too hot). Doing good with like minded people (which to me is hippies and idealistic counter-culture, it really is closest to my people, even though I don't really fit in anywhere). With my boyfriend sometimes.
    Trees don't grow on money

I love being outside. Since we have cooled off eating most of our meals outside. Yesterday drove to my DIL’s condo and spent the night since my son is out of town. Went to a great restaurant where they smoke the ribs and ate outside. Then back to their place where we sat on balcony that backs up to the woods. Talked for hours and had a great time.

Riding my bike. It's the closest feeling I know to actually flying.

When I dance I'm totally focussed on the choreography and my form. It's really a joy.

My daughter has moved out (nearby) and she stops by one or two evenings a week and we talk about her life. It's great to have this intentional time together.

I'm in pain or a lot of discomfort much of the time, and reading is a real refuge. Books have saved my life.

Thread Information