Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm happiest when...

I'm happiest when...

Before I retired, I dreamed of being able to spend a whole day outside puttering in the garden. And now if the weather cooperates and I'm not otherwise occupied, I am happiest when I am out playing in the dirt, planting, weeding, arranging rocks and pathways. You?

Yppej
    Floating on my back in a still body of water.

If I'm not joining Pinkytoe in the dirt, it's hiking particularly near the ocean (e.g. Acadia National Park)

Walking in the woods, on the rail trail or on the beach.

Ditto on the beach, especially Frischman Beach in Tel Aviv -- the sunsets, the waves, the flafl stands, the tan Israeli women in little bikinis. Paradise. Happiest moments.

I can think of a handful of very happy times in my life:

Back in 2012 my then wife and I were moving from AZ to OH. We took the pace leisurely. We camped in a tent and stayed with friends along the way. We only drove 4 or 5 hours a day. She and I were very happy during that time, during that trip. And we had both dogs.

I remember laying in the tent at night with her and with both dogs down at out feet. We were laughing, joking, telling each other stories. Such a pleasant week. Simply living on the road.

In Uruguay I had a little one room apartment. I was on the 7th floor with a balcony. I could look to one side and see a lovely city park. If I looked straight ahead I saw the city of Montevideo. If I looked to the other side I saw the beach. Perfect weather. Very happy moments.

With Pinkytoe in gardening season or, in winter, sitting in my favourite chair with sun shining on the snow, music playing, dog at my feet and reading.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Hanging out with my family, anywhere.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I’m happiest when my wife and kid are happy. The rest is just mild amusement.

only 1?

Gardening.....or preserving the harvest and then eating it in the dead of winter.

Downhill skiing. The beauty of the snow and the majesty of the mountains snow covered and trees flocked with fresh powder.

Walks on the beach....when we go there.

Time with family.....doesn't matter what we're doing or where. Could be hubby and I sitting on the couch together watching a football game or NASCAR. Even after 38years we love hanging out together.

Quilting.....any part of the process...it brings me great joy and peace to make quilts from beginning to end.

Having my cat curled up in my lap purring......

- just being with my SO. We do lots of "parallel play" like me reading and talking to him while he's cooking, or both of us doing yardwork together, etc.

- watching my toddler granddaughter learn to do new things and also hearing her laugh -- nothing in the world like a baby's laugh

- being with like-minded friends so we can advise each other on things to do to help our little corner of the world be better

Thread Information