Thread: Mid-Atlantic newbie

Mid-Atlantic newbie

Hi all... I've been a lurker on & off since the old board. I'm really trying to embrace a more simple way of life.... and not entirely by choice. I was 'downsized' from my job of 25 years about 6 weeks ago. It's a shock to the system and I'm still adjusting, but really, I HATED that job!

So we are down to 1 income. I need to pinch every penny now. We really need to reduce our debt, and my goal is to sell some of the things we've acquired over the years to move this along a little faster. It will nice to clear our space & minds of this clutter, too!

Is anyone here from the Maryland/Delaware/Pennsylvania area?

Welcome, barrett! I lost my job of 15 years ago 10 months ago. It's a big adjustment, but you will get there!

Welcome, barrett. Nice of you to join us. This place is pretty amazing. Hopefully you'll find lots of help and support during your financial transition.

I joined years ago when absolutely every penny counted. I stayed because this group has inspired me and shown me how much control I can have over my life by learning to control my money.

Thanks for welcoming me! I'm drawn to this forum because of the smart discussions I've found here!

Welcome, barrett! I'm so glad you decided to post.

Sorry to hear about your job. It is a big adjustment going from two incomes to one, but it is worth it if you are happier in the end!

Good luck on your debt reduction. We have been plugging away at our debt for the last couple of years. It can seem overwhelming at times, but every little bit helps! :-)

Mrs-M
    Extending a warm welcome your way Barrett. (Here's hoping something good comes your way). Looking forward to seeing you get involved with this one big happy family.

Hi Barrett,

I'm not in the mid-atlantic currently, but my wife is from the PA/DE border and her grandparents have a house in Bethany Beach DE so we're there often. I'm from SC where we currently live. Our plan is one day to purchase some land in VA so we're evenly split between the families.

We have been a one-income family for the past two months. It's been very rough so far.

Best of luck to you!

David

Thread Information