Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting Back On Track

Yes! My sense of distance and ability is still kind of skewed. I have to remember to ALWAYS ere on the side of caution. My boyfriend is even worse when it comes to planning things. I mean he always has his kit with him to check his blood sugar levels but it seems like it is up to me to be the carrier of things one *may* need. I was a Junior Girl Scout co-leader a long time ago, so I need to start these hikes as if I had a group of girls to lead. He just doesn't pay much attention to some stuff, though he was fine in the end. We are both very out of shape and kind of over-estimated our abilities.

Wow! 5 miles would be a long way even if it were flat!

we used to hike with our kids and always went shorter than we thought we could and took twice as much water as we thought we would need. You are off to a pretty amazing start.

Yppej
    I am slow too. When I climbed Mt Monadnock there are sections where only one person at a time can fit through. I would time it so I got behind a little kid so people would think it was the child and not me holding up the hikers.Thank you random youngsters!

SiouzQ, how are you feeling today?

i did yoga this morning.

dh made a green bean and potato curry for dinner.

Good for you!

I did most of my PT stretches this morning for my lower back and hips, and went for a quick walk on fairly level ground this morning before I opened up for the day. After I closed at 5pm there was a little part of me that wanted to go up to the tavern but instead I put my hiking boots on and went for a longer walk with some good hills and a nice view of Santa Fe off in the distance. When I got home I made a new recipe using ground turkey, green beans and basmati rice. It turned out pretty good!

And, yes, my calves are still very sore!

Sounds like a good day SiouzQ! You'll start enjoying not going to the tavern as long as it's daylight at least.

Swam this evening.

good choice on the walk!

Slacked a little yesterday - did my PT stretches, went for the easy morning walk but by the time I closed the gallery at 5pm I decided I wanted to play my guitar and drink wine on my deck and watch the hummingbirds. It was quite pleasant out, and I need to get in as much playing as physically possible because my wrist surgery will be scheduled soon and I will be out of commission for quite a while.

SQ, That sounds like a great plan.

An easy walk us good too. And I don’t see anything wrong with a little wine now and then, you will keep up with your plan better if you stick to moderation.

i did yoga this morning.

Thread Information