Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying furniture online?

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    I loved that my loveseat was not only sold locally, but made locally. How cool is that (though I ended up waiting weeks for it because when you have furniture literally made for you ...).
    That is very cool indeed.

I haven't been happy with any of my sofas other than the one I had made at a North Carolina furniture factory. I still miss that sofa and I've had 3 since then. Currently we've only got chairs in the living room since I can't find one I like. Definitely not going to order one on-line as picky as I seem to be.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I gifted my son an inexpensive love seat and a small dining set that I ordered from Overstock and he loves them. It was a Sealy couch and I carefully read reviews.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thanks, everyone!
    I have not bought upholstered furniture since...um...the late '90s? I went to the La-Z-Boy store and got a sofa for $200 in a tent sale, plus a matching recliner. Everything else came from the Salvation Army. I recall making lots and lots of visits to Raymour & Flanagan, etc., and sitting on the furniture reading a book, just to make sure it was going to meet my needs.

We only have used furniture stores locally, and that plus Craigslist meets most of my needs.
    I did buy an upholstered storage ottoman/bench from Amazon because I needed something of a particular size. It was inexpensive and works fine, but the fabric is poor quality (it feels rough and thin.) Eh, it was around $50.

I used to buy used furniture in rich neighborhoods because it would be in excellent condition. Then my kids got bed bugs and had to throw everything away. They tried many other things but nothing really worked. Now I only buy new.

Bed bugs terrify me. They seem rare here, thank goodness.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

I ordered a couple of end tables from Wayfair which proved easy to assemble and sturdy. I am going to look for someone local to make cushions I need for a sectional sofa. A lot of people have the skills to make textiles so why not create work for them? Dave (Bicyclist)

I just bought a mattress (bed in a box) and platform bed frame for the guest bedroom. Tried to find used or some cheaper option but was running out of time before guests started coming. Will see how it turns out. When we bought our own mattress/box springs a year or so ago, we purchased from a local mattress store. In retrospect, it was kind of a rip-off - no special customer service and they charged $75 for delivery and the mattress was probably over-priced. I can see why online furniture purchasing is gaining traction. Most everything under a certain price point is made in China either way.

I just got a great sofa, chair, and pair of ottomans online, delivered *here* free, and within just several days, from

https://www.gjemeni.com/

I have had them about a week now, and am very pleased. I was looking for sort of an Atomic Age/George Jetson's/Mid-Century look for the remodel of my tv/movie room, and these turned out great. Decent quality for the money, delivered promptly, and no fuss.

Thread Information