Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying furniture online?

Buying furniture online?

Has anyone here ever bought furniture (specifically, upholstered pieces) from Overstock or Wayfair? I almost fell off my chair when my super fussy sibling said she had bought on Ottoman on one of those sites. If so, what was your experience? Was it well made? Any issues (i.e. need to return)? Complaints? Happy with it?

Bought both a Mattress for our guest bedroom and living room chair on overstock. The chair was too high to be my everyday chair but I also needed a guest chair so used it for that. I did go chair shopping in person for the one I sit in everyday.

My neighbor buys tons of furniture from Wayside. She loves their customer service. One set of furniture wouldn't fit through the door and so they returned it and bought a second set and somehow, that second set was nearly free.

Just last night she was relating a tale of another large furniture purchase. As it happens, the delivery did not take place as scheduled and she didn't get satisfaction as to why, but will be pursuing that tomorrow, a business day.

But she still is very positive about Wayside, she said they deleted a charge she had signed up for, a charge to assemble the sofa. She now has someone to do that.

I find the furniture she buys to be passable. I am not real real picky, but
    I will say that none of it looks expensive but it is pretty typical of furniture you find in places like Ashley furniture.

We had an Ashley Furniture here but a freak tornado destroyed it this past June. I was never in there. Not sure if they are rebuilding. Some of the businesses affected are not coming back.

We've bought furniture online, but not from those particular sites. We got a lovely dining room table from CB2 and patio furniture direct from a company that specializes in that. I like the patio furniture, but the annoying part was that it only got delivered to our building's front door and we then had to remove it from the boxes and carry it up two flights of stairs.

I have purchased from Overstock (two chairs with matching ottomans) Wayfair (end tables) Birch (bookcase) and Amazon (bar stools, carpets and a million other items). All items were great quality for the price, shipped on time and arrived with no damage.

I also bought my couch in person because it has to be comfortable. We went to practically every furniture store but only buy one every 10-14 years.

I need to sit on furniture before I buy it (assuming it's the kind of furniture one sits on, of course). DH is 6' and I am 5'2", so it can be a Goldilocks type of challenge to find something comfortable for us both. I'm pretty much an Ethan Allen/Thomasville kind of person, which at least partially explains why I don't have more money in the bank, I'm sure.

We don't have many furniture store options here so I have started buying a few things from different vendors online that I don't want to buy used - a rug and an upholstered chair from Wayfair. Both were just fine. They list all the various measurements of a chair so you can tell depth of seat, height etc. And I think returns are free but that is something to check on with any online furniture order. My only bad experience was a rug I ordered from Amazon - ordered square and they sent round so had to buy a cardboard tube and some plastic to send the darn thing back.

I loved that my loveseat was not only sold locally, but made locally. How cool is that (though I ended up waiting weeks for it because when you have furniture literally made for you ...).
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information