Thread: a sweet person just passed away

a sweet person just passed away

My friend from work went back her first day after maternity leave, and then posted on facebook that she returned to news she didn't want to hear. The long time licensing supervisor at my old job passed away last night. She was always the nicest person, she had cancer for a couple years and wasn't supposed to live this long. She was just lovely, always grateful for the time she had and positive. She also gave me her contact information because she wanted to know how I was doing. I wanted to know how she was doing!

So my friend will keep me updated on the services, That is going to take some navigating because a lot of people from my old department will be there, and I was hoping to not have any reason to see them again. The department is apparently bringing in counselors, and good for them to start to care about people. I also have some difficult feeling that it wasn't in time for me. Not bitterness or anything that strong, but I guess sadness that I was so good at my job for so long, and that was totally trashed in 6 months. She was the one who told me that other people had bad years and that I should stay.

I have had some dreams of her over the last week, said metta prayers (Buddhist thing) and last night she was very prominent in my dreams.

I would be tempted to skip this funeral ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    I would be tempted to skip this funeral ...
    Agree. Can you send a card with a note to her family?

Thread Information