Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Bank

Amazon Bank

I see that Amazon, the Swiss Army knife of American retail, is exploring a checking account product in addition to other financial services. They stand to save a great deal on credit card interchange fees, and Prime customers control nearly half the country’s discretionary income. So it seems like a sound strategy to me.

I hear they are also looking into the health insurance market. It makes me think that long after Obama and Trump become obscure footnotes this era could be remembered as the Age of Bezos.

Yeah, he's amazing! He even created a river in South America!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Yppej
    Peopled by women warriors!

Williamsmith
    Rose McGowan still might have something to say about Jeff. Remember Harvey Weinstein?

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Rose McGowan still might have something to say about Jeff. Remember Harvey Weinstein?
    That has not seem to have affected the trillion dollar market cap or even the number of Emmys garnered by Amazon. She doesn’t seem to have been able to tar Bezos with the Weinstein brush very effectively.
    Last edited by LDAHL; 9-19-18 at 9:34am.

This would take off like a rocket...all their products do because they use all sorts of tricks to get their members to start using them.

I bought a fire stick and it was a piece of junk...but it had thousands of glowing 5 star reviews? Amazon gives them away for free to all it’s prime customers at first to gather up the great reviews. Then he lower the quality so people will just keep buying them….

There has to be some sneaky reason for them to start a checking account. You’ll probably have an option to conver it into products from amazon instead of getting your direct deposit….

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    That has not seem to have affected the trillion dollar market cap or even the number of Emmys garnered by Amazon. She doesn’t seem to have been able to tar Bezos with the Weinstein brush very effectively.
    Not yet, but it seems she’s got at least another couple decades to get it done?

I greatly rely upon Amazon to make living in my remote area easier.

The biggest problem I have with them these days is that I have to be *very* careful to see who is providing/shipping the goods I am ordering. It is too easy to end up not getting quality goods from the real manufacturer, shipped by Amazon itself or some reputable partner - but instead stuck with a broken knockoff from we-cheat-you.com through some affiliate program.

They need to add some sort of better filter.

I Loved Amazon when they had 2-day shipping for Prime and used FedEx. I live somewhat rurally- 22 miles to shopping- but FedEx is here twice a day.

Now it's mostly USPS, with all of the same problems as our regular first class mail: SLOW, lost, misdelivered. I had 2 packages in June that never did arrive. Right now I am waiting for 7 items, 5 from the same vendor, but it looks like they have split them up into different packages. It's been 16 days since I placed the order. In that time I've been to town twice and could have walked into the store and made my purchases. So frustrating!

We have good luck with Amazon but probably because we have 4 or 5 of their huge distribution centers here in Indianapolis. Yesterday, my door bell rang and it was a package being delivered by Amazon courier in a private vehicle. No idea why except it just might have been cheaper and faster if they had a bunch to deliver downtown.

Thread Information