Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: mopping floors

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Havent started bid process. Architect still hasnt delivered any plans.
    Architect is busy. We are small potatoes.we told him we didnt have a deadline. We haven't paid him anything yet.

Fortunately for us my husband is a civil engineer so he did all the planning himself with my input. I am not a patient person when it comes to home improvement so everything was done within 3 1/2 months. I did hire DH a full time assistant to help)

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Fortunately for us my husband is a civil engineer so he did all the planning himself with my input. I am not a patient person when it comes to home improvement so everything was done within 3 1/2 months. I did hire DH a full time assistant to help)
    I am still surprised we hired an architect. But there are just so many possibilities, we cant see our way thru to the best plan.

We had an architect 30 years ago draw up the plans for the addition here. He was on the Board of the historic buildings commission so he took the plans strsight through that process. Money well spent. I think that experience is why we wanted to do that this time.

It makes total sense to me. My husband has a lot more vision than me. Probably because of his profession. I am looking forward to seeing what you guys choose. I really enjoy this type of thing.

I use Bona on my wood floors and am very pleased with the results. I usually use rags (more thorough, I feel) but will use the bona mop for a real quick clean up.
    Bona also works great on wood furniture and painted woodwork and cabinets, also terrific on vinyl.
    The Bona polish (different from the cleanser) works amazingly well on worn floors. It's basically a very thin layer of quick-drying polyurethane (as at as I can tell.) Ace Hardware has a half price sale on bona once or twice a year and we stock up.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

Sometimes my husband says to me, paraphrased, “if this were a cabin on a vacation, these floors would be considered perfect!”

Meaning - why do we worry about getting all the pieces of dirt and dust off our floors? We don’t have carpet, we walk from street to living room in the same shoes, what’s the big deal? It’s just a floor.

I love how he thinks.!

Thread Information