Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Moral Pizza Dilemma

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Chick-fil-A's exec spoke out opposing same sex marriage.
    Ah, so I can eat at Chick fill a. Thanks!
    Actually I have never eaten there and probably will not take it up. Has nothing to do with speechifying of the CEO.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I love chick fila so much. We didn’t have one until a year ago. I am a hypocrite because I eat there. I won’t shop at hobby lobby though. I would not take the free pizza unless I intended to patronize them again.
    Friday I walked my cart through aisles of Hobby Lobby, didnt buy anything, and left.

So take THAT Hobby Lobby!

It is just too big, too much plastic, too much tin decor crap, it is just too much Made in China junk. Afterwards I drove to Michaels, did the same thing although they are smaller. I ended up at Joann’s buying the stuff I needed for the flower show.
    I sort of felt like this was a Papa bear, mama bear, baby bear situation and I ended up at the mama bear store which was just the right size.

The breaded Chick-fil sandwich is so good you will get hooked if you ever go. I like Michaels. Haven’t been in a Joanne’s for years. I mostly shop online now.

Teacher Terry that would be Papa Murphy's. We eat one every Friday night!

Thanks SM. It is yummy! I cook sometimes for a male friend of ours and he reciprocated by bringing pizza. It’s really reasonable.

If it is just one person, even if it's the corporate owner, I don't see a lot of sense to a boycott in today's mega business sized world. If it here was a wide spread problem, policy or attitude through the corporate structure, then maybe. The owner of a regional grocery chain around here was a supposed molester of a sort I don't recall and a friend refused to shop there. There way I saw it, they provided a quality product at fair prices. The employees were generally more pleasant than other places, seemed to be well treated and it was convenient.

Alternately, there is the recent case of a small bakery owner refusing to make a wedding cake for a gay couple. I could see boycotting a much smaller business like that, where losing more than just a few customers could impact their profits.

I think mostly it's a personal decision and you have to live up to your ethical standards, but in today's big business and global enterprises, there are going to be a few bad eggs along the supply chain. To me it's a matter of magnitude and degree.

Yppej
    Thank you Rogar. Yours is more the type of response I was anticipating than Chik fil A's sandwiches taste good. (So do morel mushrooms, by the way - no dilemma there.)

If it was just the owner's personal remarks that's one thing. But when the businesses file lawsuits so they don't have to provide birth control as part of their employee's insurance package, that's another. So, no Hobby Lobby or Chick-Fil-A in my household.

Lainey, I think it was Alan that has said in the past that they only objected to paying for some BC like the morning after pill and not all.

I never thought much of trying to punish people I disagreed with through their business or employer. To me, the quality of the product or service should speak for itself.

If Ben and Jerry want to flip the House, it won’t mean I will counterattack throughChunky Monkey. I will admit to not being that interested in Bernie’s Yearning.

Thread Information