Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Moral Pizza Dilemma

HL, won’t pay for IUD’s and for some women who can’t take the pill it is the next best option and is also used to treat some medical conditions. I can see where they have objections to the morning after pill being that they are religious. If you have employees leave your religion at the door and run it as a business. The bakery that wouldn’t make the cake for the gay couple has definitely seen a negative impact on their business. People need to separate personal from business or don’t own a business.

Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
    If it was just the owner's personal remarks that's one thing. But when the businesses file lawsuits so they don't have to provide birth control as part of their employee's insurance package, that's another. So, no Hobby Lobby or Chick-Fil-A in my household.
    Too bad about the CEO's beliefs; I believe 99% of wars are stupid, immoral, and criminal, but that doesn't keep the government from taxing me to support them.

I am all for the discounted pizza and helping the local employee...........free food is good food.

I'd probably go ahead and order. I haven't followed the Papa John's saga. Did he apologize and was it a change of his belief or is he sticking by his statement? If he extended a "I was stupid and said a stupid thing" sort of apology, that would work for me. I'd order and tip the driver big.

edited to add: I make my own pizza. The most I've made in an evening is 22. Occasionally we'll grab some Dominoes it is so much better than it was when I was in college. In fact I grabbed 2 on Saturday night and took them to the movie theater for the employees to have a late night snack (my son works there and they let me in to late shows for free). I've not ordered Papa Johns in probably 12 years - just never cared for it and their location isn't convenient nor do they deliver to my address.
    Last edited by Float On; 9-25-18 at 10:09am.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I'd rather boycott Monsanto than Papa Johns.

I'd rather boycott Roundup than pizza.

And I'd rather boycott all crappy chain pizza's than just one.

However, I do believe in "voting with your dollars" so you have to spend according to your own conscience. If your inner voice is telling you you can't support a racist, boycott. Unfortunately, if we boycotted everyone who ever had a racist thought, we'd be in our back yards producing our own food. And frankly, if we were to be honest, maybe we'd have to boycott ourselves on the same principle. We can ID many business owners with bad character these days, but you can't ID them all.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Nobody is immune to uncharitable thoughts about all kinds of people, but one doesn't have to express them or act on them.

But we're not talking random thoughts here--we're talking "putting faith into action" by expecting our employees to abide by our religious strictures.

So amusing, I just stopped in on a break from working in the garden. I am on the internet to check weather forecast, will there be rain? Because otherwise I am gonna get out the Roundup and spray sidewalks and pathways.

And if I cant Roundup today, i will tomorrow after rain.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    So amusing, I just stopped in on a break from working in the garden. I am on the internet to check weather forecast, will there be rain? Because otherwise I am gonna get out the Roundup and spray sidewalks and pathways.

And if I cant Roundup today, i will tomorrow after rain.
    Grrr.. razzle frazzle. Gosh darn those Roundup users!!

I love you anyway, IL.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I'd rather boycott Monsanto than Papa Johns.

I'd rather boycott Roundup than pizza.

And I'd rather boycott all crappy chain pizza's than just one.
    I'm not sure that residential use of roundup amounts to anything significant, but I could go with boycotting GMO's or only buying organic, which has more implications other than Roundup use. I could say that I at least try to do that, but there are times when convenience comes before practicality and falls into the category of cutting off one's nose to spite toes. Now that Monsanto is part of Bayer, actually boycotting the corporate entity could get complicated.

I make pizza routinely and find it to be such a simple task that I don't ever actually buy pizza. I put together a yeast crust in the morning which takes maybe ten minutes and by dinner time roll it out and spread ingredients. I've generally timed this and it takes about as long as it takes to preheat the oven.

Roundup (glyphosate) is considered a possible carcinogen and a probable bee-killer, and it doesn't break down in water, so we can just add it to the lengthy list of toxins with which we are despoiling the one planet we have. For a genuine horror show, watch Bitter Harvest, which I still remember from forty years age. We haven't learned much over the years.

Thread Information