Thread: Anyone ever tested for SIBO (Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth)?

Anyone ever tested for SIBO (Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth)?

Anyone ever think they had this and was tested for it?

I'm at my wit's end for my GI and irregular heart beat problem. Recently, my irregular heartbeats have gotten almost constant. I had a 48 hr holter and a stress echo about 3 months ago. Of course, not many of the PVCs/APCs showed up much, but what did show up, were benign. They eased up for several months. Then BAM..........they're back.

I'm making some big changes with my eating/salt consumption/drinking water/hardly using caffeine at all, etc..........but the ectopy continues. What a drag. There's always somethin'.
    I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I have asked the doc in the past about SIBO, but he didn't seem interested in that. My heart has always been over-connected nerve-wise to my gut. I also wonder about female hormones. Even though I'm almost 69, I know they are still fluctuating. I had a migraine aura a couple weeks ago, and those only happened around periods or ovulation, before menopause. I've had several a year ever since.

Anyhow.........anyone ever pursue SIBO?

All the research lately points to gut microbes being instrumental in everything from digestive to mental issues, and recent studies seem to link leaky gut to a whole lot of conditions, especially autoimmune disorders. The SAD seems to be responsible.

https://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2018/...ibo-dysbiosis/

Thread Information