Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now I Know For Sure

Now I Know For Sure

I just got the official death certificate on my daughter; even though I knew what killed her (an overdose of heroin and Fentanyl), seeing spelled out in black & white on an official document is a fresh punch in the gut...

I always knew this was the way it would end, ever since I found out she had tried heroin at age 14 or so. When I found out then I had a very immediate and powerful premonition that she would die young from a drug overdose. I think I starting learning how to let her go from then on. I am very grateful that I got to see her develope into a very promising young woman. Unfortunately the dual-diagnoses of bi-polar and substance abuse was just too much for her to overcome, though she did put up a good fight by going to AA, NA and other treatment situations.

I wish I could go cry but it is Saturday in the gallery and I have to wait until later...
    Last edited by SiouzQ.; 9-22-18 at 5:04pm.

So very sad. My ex and I have let my son with the drug problem go to because otherwise you will go insane. I am surprised he is still alive at 41. Having a dual diagnosis like your daughter is very difficult. My husband lost his 30yo brother to a drug overdose. Hugs

So sorry SQ. Even though you knew, as you said, the black & white reality is painful. Just words on paper, but so powerful. Take care of yourself, and keep all the good memories.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

I am so sorry. There is nothing worse than losing a child.

So sorry, SQ. I remember how devastated we were when our young friend Alissa died of a heroin/fentanyl OD when she was living with my sister. How tragic to have this happen to your own daughter. Sending you my deepest sympathy.

Yppej
    My ex-husband was dual diagnosis and when he passed away my sister-in-law said she hoped he finally found some peace that he did not find in life. If there is an afterlife I wish this also for your daughter.

SQ, I cannot add to what everyone else has said except that I wish you the peace you can find in this very sad situation...
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

So very sorry for the loss of your daughter. I can't even imagine the sadness you must feel no matter the cause.

So sorry for this additional pain. Hugs is all coming your way.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

That was something I learned as an adult when my parents passed away: that you experience grief multiple times in various circumstances long after the event. I had thought that you mourn and then it was over, but although the mourning is not as fresh and shocking, it's something that will pop up the rest of your life.
    I am adding my condolences. I'm also hoping that somehow our society will find a way to prevent these drug deaths. A real tragedy.

Thread Information