Thread: Foot stress fracture and shoes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Foot stress fracture and shoes

I am almost healed from a stress fracture in my foot that was apparently caused just by walking. I obviously have bone issues which I will deal with, but my foot doctor told me to get a shoe with support. I asked him for a recommendation but he didn't really have any specific ones. Does anyone have a recommendation for a shoe I can wear to work that will give me good support? I just bought new Skechers shape up sneakers and they feel really good, but I'd rather not wear sneakers in the office.

Easy Spirit? I find it a bit curious that your podiatrist doesn't have any recommendations. You might also try out a Walk-fit orthotic. They are otc, but I find them just as good as the custom made ones I've had......actually, even better.
    Years ago, when I used Easy Spirit, they had alot of dressier shoes to choose from, that were supposedly supportive.

Don't worry so much about the shoe - instead invest in a pair of supports to go in your shoes (actually under the insole). Very, very thin but oh what a difference they make. I had complete break (including displacement) of two metatarsal bones in my right foot. Even after they healed walking could be painful because, (as I was told), the metctarsal heads "dropped". I bought a pair of supports at a foot store and have worn them practically every day since. This was 2 years or more ago. They will fit you for them so it's not something you can just buy off a shelf. Go to a foot store or good feet shop, something like that and try a pair before you buy.

Munro shoes have a steel shank in them that provides a good deal of support, and they have rubber soles to help cushion your footsteps. They're not ultra fancy shoes but they don't look like orthopedic shoes either, and they have several styles that should work well in an office setting.

Lately, I've been suffering more from knee pain than foot pain while walking. Still have foot pain, but the knee pain is getting worse. Is there a specific shoe good for reducing knee pain?

Tiam, you need to figure out what in your walk is affecting your knees. It could be hip, spine, foot, weight, or something unusual. A change in posture can affect the knees. So right now there is no shoe to help the knees because we dont know what problem is affecting the knees.

Knee pain- I do an exercise that is for the quadracep muscle. Face the wall, place one hand on the wall for balance ( I use a chair or the counter top..) Use your right hand, grasp your right ankle and pull it up behind you toward your buttocks- or as high as you can- hold 20 seconds, put down and repeat on the other side. Do three times a day. Don't arch your back- just try to stand straight and not fall over- that's why the other hand is on the counter, wall or chair. This has relieved so much knee pain for me. Also doing hamstring stretches and calf stretches daily helps.

Thread Information