Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenarian View Post
    Hi NWC, I'm in the wonderful (tho' sometimes smokey) Rogue Valley.

I don't know much about hunting & fishing gear, but there are lots of posts here about de-stuffing your stuff.

There seem to be 2 main schools of thought:
    The 3 Box Method: one box for stuff you'll keep, one for things to go to trash, and a third for items to sell or donate. I like to have a 4th box, the "undecided" box. I find this is mostly sentimental stuff, and after putting it away and not looking at it for 6 months or so, I'm then usually able to toss most of it and keep just a few things.

The Marie Kondo method (from the book The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up) : with this method you handle every item you own and feel if it "Sparks joy" inside you. It's time consuming but effective. I highly recommend the book (from your local library

Welcome!
    I will definitely check the book and I hope it is on Audible. I like the idea of the 3/4 box method to sort the excess out.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    Hello from another Oregonian!
    Glad more than one is here. I can't believe how expensive this state has become in comparison to the wages.

from Southwestern Ontario. One rule that really has worked for me is the take one out before I bring one item in. That way, the volume doesn't increase any more.
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .