Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenarian View Post
    Hi NWC, I'm in the wonderful (tho' sometimes smokey) Rogue Valley.

I don't know much about hunting & fishing gear, but there are lots of posts here about de-stuffing your stuff.

There seem to be 2 main schools of thought:
    The 3 Box Method: one box for stuff you'll keep, one for things to go to trash, and a third for items to sell or donate. I like to have a 4th box, the "undecided" box. I find this is mostly sentimental stuff, and after putting it away and not looking at it for 6 months or so, I'm then usually able to toss most of it and keep just a few things.

The Marie Kondo method (from the book The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up) : with this method you handle every item you own and feel if it "Sparks joy" inside you. It's time consuming but effective. I highly recommend the book (from your local library

Welcome!
    I will definitely check the book and I hope it is on Audible. I like the idea of the 3/4 box method to sort the excess out.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    Hello from another Oregonian!
    Glad more than one is here. I can't believe how expensive this state has become in comparison to the wages.

from Southwestern Ontario. One rule that really has worked for me is the take one out before I bring one item in. That way, the volume doesn't increase any more.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information