Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: For those who follow YMOYL, what one point grabbed your attention first?

If I'm remembering correctly, it was voluntary simplicity that got me to read YMOYL. I'm still striving for more simplicity - both out of necessity and voluntarily. lol
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

For me, like several others here, it was the idea that I'm using life energy in exchange for being able to purchase things. THe first thing I cut from my expenditures of life energy once I figured that out was lunch out when I was at the office. I didn't enjoy it and it was mostly just laziness/lack of planning, that necessitated it. Now on those rare times that I do have to buy my lunch I hate spending the money. From a life energy standpoint it's only about 12 minutes of time, compared to 25 minutes of my time when I made that change, but I still prefer to bring lunch and save that life energy towards a future where I don't have to work.

Thread Information