Thread: Got 2 compliments today, and a hilarious potty story

Got 2 compliments today, and a hilarious potty story

I got an emailed compliment today because I send weekly emails to the families. It was super nice. And then a parent stopped by to tell me how much she liked the weekly themes and communication. The way she described it was great, I think she said I was doing an amazing job. Feeling really good.

Then the funny stuff of this work. I had a boy with a stomach ache, first things we ask is if they have had water and if they have been going to the bathroom. So he said he was scared to go to the bathroom because he didn't know how to wipe. Then he said he was afraid it might hurt. So I tried to get him to go and then called mom. Apparently this is a regular thing he struggles with and so she wasn't worried. Finally he was uncomfortable enough that he actually went in the bathroom! It was taking such a long time that I asked if he could come out, and he said he didn't know how to wipe, oh dear.

I walked him through it from outside the bathroom, pull the toilet paper 4 times, fold up and then wipe where the poop came out. At this point I am trying not to laugh and thinking about someone overhearing me. He came out just beaming that he pooped and wiped! It really was a challenge to figure out how to explain this appropriately from outside the bathroom.

Wow ZG, I wouldn’t have dreamed a kid didn’t know how to wipe. You are rocking your new job. You are awesome and finally in a good work environment.

Way to go teacher. That little boy is lucky to have you help him.

Thank you, the parents did say that of course they taught him how to wipe but he has some mental glitch and thinks he can't.

Thread Information