We had Dish many years ago, but now have our one tv hooked up to an inexpensive digital antenna that gives us about 20 channels (about 12 network, 8 public) most of the time, with variances due to weather as the antenna is in the attic and when it gets hot the channels go away.

We are now looking at getting a bigger tv with HD, and moving it, which might make the antenna hookup difficult. And if we do buy a tv, we would move the existing 32" tv into the guest bedroom.

If we get cable, tv and movie watching will be greatly improved. We can have both tv's hooked up, we can get HD programming, and service would be reliable. Dh and I enjoy watching Netflix movies streamed on the roku as well as dvds. Basic AT&T cable is $35/mo, the bundle of cable/internet/phone is $84/mo with 5 Mbps, and $95/mo with 50 Mbps.

I'm trying to decide if the cost of cable is worth it. Neither dh or I enjoy watching tv or movies on our computers, so that option is out.

For those of you who have cable - what has been your experience? Pros and cons? Do you feel the cost is a worthwhile expense?

ETA: if you do have cable - can you share what speeds, options, packages have been good (or bad)?