Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Really Not Having A VeryGood Day

That sounds pretty rough. Hope things will get on the upswing soon.

Have been in the "scary mammogram" scenario. Hang in there! Hope things will improve soon.

Sending you hugs from afar. Again, I'm so sorry for the loss of your daughter. And I REALLY hope the mammogram turns out to be nothing to worry about!

Going through the autopsy notes are tough - btdt. Hugs and hope the mammogram thing turns out to be nothing.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Everything is okay for now, but the whole process really made me nervous. First, I had to get a second, more detailed mammogram, and then they did an ultrasound on both breasts. Then the doctor started throwing around the idea of a biopsy (it just some calcifications which I have known about for years that have been monitored in the past by the University of Michigan Health system - for about two years I had to go every six months for a scan). She said given my age and history that if she were me, she would just opt to come back in six months for another scan to see if anything has changed. That sure is a lot of scanning though.
    But for now (and ever hopefully), I do not have breast cancer. Whew...

Friday I have an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon to schedule my wrist surgery. That is just about all I can deal with right now, thank you. And I need to wrap up the physical therapy on my lower back and hips - I'm not really sure it has helped that much. I've been going for a month and I am still in a lot of chronic pain from my pelvis being out of alignment.

It sucks getting old... I am 57 as of yesterday.

A belated Happy Birthday, SQ. Sorry that you are dealing with a lot of stuff right now but it seems that the road ahead in looking brighter. Take care! Hugs!!!!!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I’m glad you are checking in here. I am so sorry you are having these health problems on top of your big loss.

Good news on your scan results, SQ. I know of a number of people who seem to hit various medical issues in their 50s, but after they were resolved went on to be healthy in their 60s and older age. I'm hoping the same for you!

I'm relieved for you, and remain unconvinced that routine mammograms' usefulness outweighs the radiation and trauma they deliver.

Hugs and wish you all the best.

Thread Information