Thread: The New Gmail Format.........

The New Gmail Format.........

I'm so tired of people thinking they always have to change things.
    Question: On the new Gmail, the printing in my mailbox is all funky. Some of the letters are bolded and some are not. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for the bolding, and it makes it irritating to look at.

I went to my Gmail settings, and I can change the look of messages that I send, but I don't know how to change the look of the page that shows all your emails.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.

Did you try switching to Classic View under settings?

I don't seem to have that listed as an option. If you're talking about selecting the old format, I've read a number of reviews that say that's no long available.
    There's something about how it shows up on the computer that almost makes me sick to my stomach. I've read that other people have that problem looking at it now too.

Cathy, did you ever figure this out? I hate it as much as you do and it is also making me ill.
    I had switched it back once but now I do not seem to have that option...

I, too, am not fond of the change in gmail. It worked fine as it was, why did they mess with it? I had a problem a few weeks back where I couldn't even open anything, on the desktop or laptop. Went looking around and others were having the same problem. One suggestion, which I've used successfully, was to click the Basic HTML at the bottom of the loading page before the mail opened. I could open my mail again. Problem with that, though, is all the spam went to my inbox instead of being sorted, at least for a while. I don't see it as much lately, but man that was annoying. Hope someone will chime in with a fix on this, because I miss the old gmail and am seriously thinking of going another email route if this becomes a real issue.

Thread Information