Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trust your intuition,

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Trust your intuition,

This comes up for me in big and little ways. Sometimes I don't know about it because I avoided something that would have been bad but since I avoided it somehow I would never know. Now that I am not living in hell I can hear it much better than ever.

Tonight I needed an ice cream from 7-11 around the corner and I needed it right away. I was about to read something I was emailed and felt like I wanted to have the ice cream when I read it. I ran into one of my favorite families!!! Mom asked if I was still at the school and I said no, apparently nothing has been done for after school programming. I have known this family the entire 6 years, the older boys had some time they were homeschooled but the youngest was at the school. Mom said that I was the reason the youngest girl was still there (I have known her since she was a baby), and I got a hug.

Other little intuitions, I have a strong shopping intuition. I will have the random urge to go to Marshalls or Goodwill and will get something amazing, Which is good because I rarely like shopping but need everything since I lost some weight. Many years ago I bought my van totally intuitively. One of the best purchases I ever made. 8 passenger (not 7 like mini vans), low mileage, great price and I drove that on trips, with daycare kids, used it as a changing station for swim practices, until it dropped. I was driving through town and had an urge to go a random way and saw it.

I realize this can be annoying from the outside, and sometimes I am wrong, however it feels like when I am in the flow of all the energy then things flow with me.

I read that what we think is intuition is our mind processing so fast that we don’t realize that is actually happening. Our mind is picking l on things that we don’t even realize. I thought that was interesting.

I'm a firm believer in instincts. We ignore them at our peril.

In my experience, “trust your gut” ranks with “be yourself” in the questionable advice category.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    “be yourself”
    Bar none the worst advice to give a guy when dating!

I am always sorry if I ignore it.

The only useful advice I’ve ever gotten from my gut was to avoid spicy food after 8PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    The only useful advice I’ve ever gotten from my gut was to avoid spicy food after 8PM.
    You should see a doctor for that underdeveloped gut. That's a serious handicap!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Right. You don’t go to a job interview and actually tell them what you think your greatest weakness is.

Right. You don’t go to a job interview and actually tell them what you think your greatest weakness is.
    I always say perfectionism. In reality my greatest weakness is chocolate, but I can't say that!
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information