Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Tax Fraud

It's interesting that the Senate Democrats have explored every avenue they can prove and several they cannot in order to influence the public and by extension, their representatives. If there were any proof of perjury, I think it would be the major talking point among the politicians rather than his fit of pique under pressure, which seems now to be the allegation of last resort.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I don't see why there has to be proof of anything. It's a job interview and not a court of law where innocent until proven guilty. I've been on hiring panels before and his display of temperament would not pass my level of acceptance. There would be other candidates without the same risk.

One thing I don't get is how they say this could ruin his life. I suspect someone as deep into political circles as he would find a place to land. Maybe a lobbyist. He would have to fall a very very long way before his lifestyle would be the same as us commoners.

I guess it will all be over soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I don't see why there has to be proof of anything.
    It's a job interview and not a court of law where innocent until proven guilty.
    There doesn't. But the hiring managers don't want to admit that they're using partisan expectations for a non-partisan position, therefore they need to establish other criteria, and it helps if it's measurable and provable.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    It's interesting that the Senate Democrats have explored every avenue they can prove and several they cannot in order to influence the public and by extension, their representatives. If there were any proof of perjury, I think it would be the major talking point among the politicians rather than his fit of pique under pressure, which seems now to be the allegation of last resort.
    Most of the “perjury” people are talking about seem to be associated with inconsistencies in his recollections of High school and college. Perhaps his inquisitors don’t see that as a very meaty area to pursue. Or maybe Senator Booker consulted his imaginary friend T-bone or Senator Blumenthal discussed the matter with his comrades from Vietnam and they decided not to make an issue of truthfulness.

I could probably make a decent judgement of character based on his definitions of boof and devil's triangle. Although out here boof seems to be used by younger people to describe a fall while mountain biking or skiing, I have distinct memories of it meaning something different in my own youth. But you're right Allan. Without hard evidence of perjury only a few voters will possibly break from party lines based on temperament or possible character issues. It pretty much boils down to one person's word against another and a person just has to decide the most credible. Having a president with questionable veracity and morals may have lowered the standards of acceptance in such matters.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Most of the “perjury” people are talking about seem to be associated with inconsistencies in his recollections of High school and college. Perhaps his inquisitors don’t see that as a very meaty area to pursue. Or maybe Senator Booker consulted his imaginary friend T-bone or Senator Blumenthal discussed the matter with his comrades from Vietnam and they decided not to make an issue of truthfulness.
    Good Point! I'm sure they'd rather let sleeping dogs lie.

They didn’t interview key people. I hope some day democrats can repay the favor. The republicans will only do what’s good for their party and not the country. I don’t know how any reasonable person can stomach this.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    They didn’t interview key people. I hope some day democrats can repay the favor. The republicans will only do what’s good for their party and not the country. I don’t know how any reasonable person can stomach this.
    who are key people not interviewed?

Yppej
    Eyewitnesses to Kavanaugh exposing himself to Ramirez are key people.

There’s plenty of evidence of perjury, not just from the current spectacle.

https://medium.com/@demandjustice/ka...g-69ab6dee833d

Thread Information