Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tax Fraud

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    People that voted 3rd party are part of the problem. A wasted vote.
    Oh, please. Save your distain for those who dont get their assess out of their chairs to vote at all. Why do you think you get to limit my choice to the Big Two? Yeah, you and the local Democratic operatives who shove a Democratic party ballot in my hand during our primaries. Keeps them on top, the two party system.

I think us 3rd party voters have to be careful to be in the right mind when casting our vote, and that “right mind” is to vote FOR something, not against the two established candidates.In my case I voted 3rd party not really 3rd party candidate.

Given the option of Pence as Trump's replacement I don't have a strong opinion yea or nay on impeachment. If he has committed tax fraud or any other crimes as a result of his financial dealings I'd like to see him treated the same as any other criminal in the legal system rather than a rich person with protections due to his political influence.

Pence has been laying so low it is hard to really get a handle on what a Pence Presidency would be like. I'm assuming he's standing back to keep from getting spattered with all the mud and such.

IL: Oh, please. Save your distain for those who dont get their assess out of their chairs to vote at all. Why do you think you get to limit my choice to the Big Two? Yeah, you and the local Democratic operatives who shove a Democratic party ballot in my hand during our primaries. Keeps them on top, the two party system.

First of all IL I find it horrible that some people cheat and tried that trick on the voters. There are cheaters in every party. My husband is a poll worker and they work hard to keep everything above board. Those poll workers who cheat should be fired.

Those poll workers who cheat should be fired.
    Poll workers who cheat should be put in public stocks in the village green.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Pence has been laying so low it is hard to really get a handle on what a Pence Presidency would be like. I'm assuming he's standing back to keep from getting spattered with all the mud and such.
    You remind me of an old joke:

Once upon a time there were two brothers. One ran away to join the circus and the other was elected Vice President. And neither was ever heard from again.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I just have this feeling that he will promote his religious agenda under the guise of "bringing back traditional values." Those values are traditional for a specific subset of Americans, and I for one do not wish to have those "values" codified into law. We are not supposed to have a state-sponsored religion in the US, but it is clear that many of the more fundamentalist, evangelical Christians would love to have their religious ideals be the law of the land.

And I believe that quite a few of his achievements in Indiana were overturned within weeks of his becoming Vice President.

IL: Oh, please. Save your distain for those who dont get their assess out of their chairs to vote at all. Why do you think you get to limit my choice to the Big Two? Yeah, you and the local Democratic operatives who shove a Democratic party ballot in my hand during our primaries. Keeps them on top, the two party system.

First of all IL I find it horrible that some people cheat and tried that trick on the voters. There are cheaters in every party. My husband is a poll worker and they work hard to keep everything above board. Those poll workers who cheat should be fired.
    More black-and-white thinking from you.

It is systemic oppression of third parties that keeps them from growing. Systemic means you, me, society, laws, culture, etc. and yes the little old and sometimes stupid poll workers at my precinct.

You say “they should be fired“ as though that will actually happen, it will never happen, try to be realistic in the world in which I live. Perhaps the poll workers here are purposely skewing ballots by placing Democratic ballot in people’s hands. More likely they are simply being ignorant, careless, and unthinking. Whatever, it is oppression of third party voters.
    We hear endlessly about oppression of races and genders and etc. and how systemic it all is. You just participated in it by accusing me of wasting my vote. More oppression by shaming, implying I am stupid and/ or illogical. See how that works?

My husband is also a poll worker and is always observant of the irregularities at the polls which he then reports as his job requires him to do.

Well said, Iris

Get a grip IL I am not shaming you. It is my opinion that a 3rd party vote is a wasted vote just like you think it is not. My husband has not observed any issues but will do weeks of early voting at different places so it will be interesting what comes up. They get rid of poll workers here who are incompetent. Unfortunately, having spent my career in human services I have spent more time in the real world than I would have liked.

Thread Information