Thread: The Ever-Hungry Chickadees

The Ever-Hungry Chickadees

In my backyard I have a sturdy feeder filled with sunflower seeds. Once in a while it gets empty. OMG! Time to fill the feeder again. The chickadees seem to know me as the man with the stepladder and the sunflower seeds. I love the fearless, un-self-conscious little scalawags.

What the hell. I keep filling the feeder. The chickadees keep coming back to feed.

Nuthatches come in too, upside-down!

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    In my backyard I have a sturdy feeder filled with sunflower seeds. Once in a while it gets empty. OMG! Time to fill the feeder again. The chickadees seem to know me as the man with the stepladder and the sunflower seeds. I love the fearless, un-self-conscious little scalawags.

What the hell. I keep filling the feeder. The chickadees keep coming back to feed.

Nuthatches come in too, upside-down!
    Bird feeders can be highly entertaining. For real enthusiasm, I suggest planting a bush or tree with berries that ferment in the fall, and let the games begin! (In my case, it's madrona.)

It is about time to put seed in my feeder. I stop in late June when the first clutch of chicks is well on its way as the sparrows eat non-stop. This also discourages the squirrels and chipmunks.
    I usually start in the fall when most migrating birds have left and the winter birds return. I need to put out my suet block as well. Do you feed suet blocks?
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .