In one of my last ditch attempts to un-fat ass myself I am giving this 5:2 intermittent fasting a try. Today will be my first day of fasting.

Here is how it works. For five days of the week you eat how you normally would, more or less. For me this would mean eating oatmeal with nuts and berries in the morning, lunch would be some type of raw veggies (salad, carrots, celery, what-have-you) along with a sandwich or bowl of rice and beans, things like that.

Dinner would be nachos or a pulled chicken sandwich or turkey burgers or pizza. And twice a week I would go to a restaurant.

On the fasting days (I am going for Tues and Thur) I eat one small meal of less than 500 calz. So this will likely be a small bowl of oatmeal with a small amount of nuts and some berries at lunchtime. My plan is to skip breakfast and by the time I get "hangry" I will eat my oatmeal around noonish. Then by the time I get hangry again I will be off work and home. This will minimize my hangriness at work, when I am around lots of people.

So wish me luck.