Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Intermittent fasting

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Assuming you really do have lbs to lose, you are eating to much.

magical systems of fasting times and windows for eating and etc. will not change the fact that you are consuming too much.
    Amen sistah!

Or alternately, his metabolism is slowing with age. So he eats less than before but doesn’t lose weight.

most people lose weight with intermittent fasting but it's because it tends to make them eat less (personally, I eat less over a week say if fasting). If you make up with eating just as many calories at another time you won't, but it's fine to fast for health and other reasons that have nothing to do with weight loss.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    Or alternately, his metabolism is slowing with age. So he eats less than before but doesn’t lose weight.
    While I definitely overeat, I think this is probably a culprit too, especially since I changed my diet in January. When I stopped eating pigs, birds, goats, and the occasional cow my overeating noticeably lessened, as did my insane food binges.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    While I definitely overeat, I think this is probably a culprit too, especially since I changed my diet in January. When I stopped eating pigs, birds, goats, and the occasional cow my overeating noticeably lessened, as did my insane food binges.
    Buddy, well do I know “eating too much” is the easy diagnosis.

All of the nuances such as what you eat and what you burn is the devil in the details.

That is good to have curbed the binging.

have you tried Trader Joe’s Indian frozen meals? I have recently had two of them and they are surprisingly good.

The last time I lost weight I ate 1600 calories every day and on Saturday I ate what I wanted. Combined with exercise I slowly lost 40lbs over a year despite being 60.

Thread Information