Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Small goal

I like that idea N.

Oh razz, I am so sorry about your dog.

I'm sorry your companion died, Razz--it's so hard to lose one you love.

I made lunch: tomato beef curry. That may be it for the day.

Wow, a lot of people have a short term goal!

i didn’t get to the wall last night because dh wanted to go out to the local place for sandwiches and they had live music, and we ran into some people we know....

but i sanded and mudded this morning. Definitely need to mud most of it again - tomorrow morning if it’s ready to sand.

how is everyone else doing?

Taught myself the billing program yesterday and also did one client report. I am amazed at your skills CL. I have no clue how to do what you are doing.

Lol! What I am doing is entry level manual labor. My ten year old could do it (literally, when he was ten, he was doing this)

my mind is still boggling at learning a computer computer program in one day. Guess we all have different strengths.

How Am I doing? Well I dug 30+ Iris yesterday and will trim 10 of them and get them in the ground today. The other 20 need to be trimmed but they will travel to Hermann before they go in the ground. As usual I had more Irish than I thought I did I figured I had 10 more to go to Hermann but at least 20 need to be planted there and it is getting late to get them established.

CL, I have zero building/fixing skills. When I worked for the state and hit any kind of computer problem I would get my tech to do it. I call it conveniently stupid. Then when I retired and was asked to teach my college class I really wanted to do it but had no clue how to use the computer program to teach and grade. I spent countless hours figuring it out and it was hard for me. But I think this experience helped me to learn this other one. And after I got proficient with the college program you guessed it they changed to a new one. Again I was able to learn it fast because of my past experience.

I did complete the closet yesterday and got rid of a bunch of clothing. It's hard letting go of some of my work clothes that are really nice and fit well, especially since I have a hard time finding things that fit. I still have a lot of clothing, but this year I've got a net decrease of 24 clothing items, so I'm continuing to move in the right direction.
    Today I cleaned out one little cabinet - it's the cabinet equivalent of a junk drawer, so it's a good little project that needs to be done periodically.

So sorry to hear about your pooch, Razz. Sometimes it's hard to realize all the ways they fit into our lives...
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thread Information