Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Small goal

Small goal

I have been “working” on fixing a wall in the basement (15 minutes now and then)

the goal is is to fix the wall, paint the wall, put up my doll shelf, and unpack my doll collection.

my mom is coming next weekend. She is the only person in my life who also appreciates the dolls.

i want to either have them out (unlikely) or have her help me put them out (fun.)

so, at least one more layer of mud - tonight

then tomorrow sand (mud or prime) and continue as far as I can each day.

anybody else have a goal this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    anybody else have a goal this week?
    Just to get through the weekend (!). Volunteer gig at the food bank (moving about 4-5,000 pounds of frozen meat in a couple of hours) and then a trip out of town to do a little bicycling with friends and then a trip back into town tonight because tomorrow I'm volunteering across town at 7 am for a radio station I support (staffing a phone for their big fundraiser), leaving that and going back across town for a short non-profit board meeting, and then a square dance that night at one of our clubs. Sunday will be spent recuperating. lol

It's unusual that I have this many events bundled across such a distance in so little time. I do wish I'd planned them a little better, but I didn't want to say 'no' to any of them, so here I am.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

My goal in the next seven days is to complete Transplanting of all iris rhizomes. And then, start on moving lily bulbs.

Yes I was recently asked to do some part time case management of workers compensation clients in addition to teaching. I need to learn how to use the computer billing program. I know the actual job as I have done it before.

Since I had to put my dog down due to health issues that suddenly sprang up, I want to find some structure in my day and an exercise program to keep me organized and physically active until I find my new 4-legged friend. I knew my beloved dog was very important in my life but having the commitment to take care of him responsibly kept me organized and active and meeting people every day. Much harder to self-motivate every day.

I totally understand Razz. I can’t live without a dog. Even though I planned to downsize by natural attrition the breeder offered me Max’s half sister for free. She retired her from being a show dog and she is 3. Max is 1 1/2 and the other 2 dogs are 13 & 14. Back up to 4 but will eventually just have 2.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Razz. It is so hard to lose our furry family members!

I would like to complete my semi-annual closet clean-out and purge some more items in the process.

Sorry Razz. I'm getting new windows in the house this week. We're on day 3 and it's a complete mess. All inside/outside projects on hold and then I have to paint trim since we're switching to white windows (less expensive than the black ones I had). Then I have to decide what color to paint the house and studio. They have always been dark browns....do I want to go crazy and try a new color mix? Maybe greens or navy blue. Something different with the crisp white of the new windows??? Of course if I change colors I'd then need to consider new gutters and downspouts (currently brown). Then would my outdoor furniture go with a new color? See? I hate this one thing leads to another!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Float on...that one thing leads to another is why we kept the exact same room colors when we painted....but I'm wondering if you could find a dark color that would go with the brown gutters and look great with the new white...greens, teal, burgundy. Have fun with it.

Yard-work, moving brush to the curb where the city will come and chip it, putting things away for the winter. Columbus day I will plant garlic (Zemo and Killarney Red varieties). We are getting frequent rain showers, so I occasionally duck back inside, sit on the sunporch and read.

Thread Information